FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Photo Contacts 2.0 Trial and Giveaway
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> EVENT Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Levy
Smartphone Philosopher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Photo Contacts 2.0 Trial and Giveaway Reply with quote

http://www.smartphone.net/smartphon...tail.asp?id=128

Photo Contacts 2.0 was released earlier this week and, among other things, solves the problem of the built in caller ID not working on the MPx200 and i600 Smartphones. I just got an email from PocketX reporting that they now have a free trial version available so you can give it a try before deciding whether to spend the $19.99 to buy the full version.

But wait - there's more! We're going to give away 5 free copies of the full version. Here's how you can enter to win: download the trial version, play with it for a while, and reply to this post describing your favorite feature. Tomorrow morning, I'll randomly pick 5 winners from those who have entered. Good luck!

UPDATE: I'm extending the deadline on this to next Friday so people should have plenty of time to enter.

Last edited by Robert Levy on Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
b5lurker
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the option to choose between many different photo views. The detail view makes it really easy to see all of the info (except for notes which I don't even know if Outlook syncs that on a SmartPhone) including email addresses and web pages.

Now I just need to get a bunch of pictures of everyone!

Steve
randalllewis
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Upgrade available? Reply with quote

In Robert's original post on this I thought there was reference to a free upgrade from version 1 to version 2. I can't find any reference to this on the PocketX website though and I haven't received an e-mail from them either. Having just purchased version 1 a week before the availability of version 2, I am particularly interested in the upgrade option because I like the program a lot more than the caller ID program that came on the CD ROM with my phone.
Bojan Rip
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Upgrade available? Reply with quote

randalllewis wrote:
In Robert's original post on this I thought there was reference to a free upgrade from version 1 to version 2. I can't find any reference to this on the PocketX website though and I haven't received an e-mail from them either. Having just purchased version 1 a week before the availability of version 2, I am particularly interested in the upgrade option because I like the program a lot more than the caller ID program that came on the CD ROM with my phone.

Hi Randall,

You can easily get the new version by doing a "re-download" of the software from where you purchased it (Handango or Smartphone.Net). Your original purchase confirmation email contains information on how to do this.

We will be informing all of our registered users of the new version shortly.

-Bojan
PocketX
http://www.pocketx.net/smartphone/p...tocontacts.html
ARW
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my favorite feature is the "fix" for the Caller ID bug that Microsoft, Samsung and Verizon allowed into the Samsung SCH-i600.

Everything else is icing on the cake.
chaotictc
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how you can press number to select which phone line you want to call for a particular person. I often have to scroll down through the list of numbers i have for a contact, which is pretty slow. This makes things way easier, and the icons make it very intuitive.

-Tim
encece
Smartphone Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fav feature is the fact that it fixes the CallerID on my Samsung i600.
ixtab1970
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the fact that I was able to use it without uploading any custom photos, just to fix the Caller-ID issue I had with my MPx200 (already with over 500 contacts+).
rob_sfo
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree...while there are a slew of great features, the Caller ID bug fix is by far the best.
alamr
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at both demos of IA Caller ID and Photo Contact. Both are excellent but the feature which is a priority for me is the full screen picture of the caller which the IA caller ID lack. In addition to this feature Photo Contacts has alot more other features, which makes it a winner for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> EVENT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: