Smartphone Thoughts

CONTENT - Spice Up your Smartphone with These Hot Home Screens

Mike Temporale - Sun May 13, 2007 6:07 am
Post subject: Spice Up your Smartphone with These Hot Home Screens
The HTC S710 is showing up all over the place and a number of you have already purchased it. As well, there's a lot of new comers to the Smartphone scene - BlackJacks, and the Dash are still very popular. So for all of you that are new to the Smartphone arena or are just plain bored of the existing home screens that come on your device, check out some of the links below to download some of the best and free home screens on the 'net. If I've missed any sites, please reply and share them with us!

Kleinweder / Juni's Skins / Prosper / Ekopapers
kl1wdr - Tue May 15, 2007 3:24 am
Post subject:
You seem to have forgotten the fact that the s710 is a dual-screenorientation device. Therefore none of these homescreens will fully work.

My s710 will arrive at the end of this week (hopefully) and I will try to put my first s710-theme up over the weekend.

I was told to get an HTC Vox back in January but things changed... Crying or Very sad
Mike Temporale - Tue May 15, 2007 6:43 am
Post subject:
kl1wdr wrote:
You seem to have forgotten the fact that the s710 is a dual-screenorientation device. Therefore none of these homescreens will fully work.

I didn't forget that, I just didn't mention it. Wink The problem is, as you are well aware, the Vox is the first Smartphone to have a screen orientation that changes. Seeing as it was just released there is little chance that ANY theme will fully work with the device.

This post was aimed at helping all the new Vox owners along with all the other new device owners, add some style to their Smartphone. Cool

kl1wdr wrote:
My s710 will arrive at the end of this week (hopefully) and I will try to put my first s710-theme up over the weekend.

Cool, I'll be watching for it! Even if I don't have the Vox, I'm sure it will look great on my BlackJack - just like all your other themes do. Mr. Green
Prosper - Tue May 15, 2007 8:06 am
Post subject:
kl1wdr wrote:

dito.. Rolling Eyes
Prosper - Sat May 19, 2007 6:25 am
Post subject:
Finally !

The next one will include Facade, if Todd is fast enough with the new improvement development Surprised
Mike Temporale - Sat May 19, 2007 7:42 am
Post subject:
what's it like when the screen rotates?
Prosper - Sat May 19, 2007 7:48 am
Post subject:
Mike Temporale wrote:
what's it like when the screen rotates?

Like this:

Mike Temporale - Sat May 19, 2007 11:51 am
Post subject:
nice work Prosper! I like it - even if I don't have a device with a rotating screen. Cool
Prosper - Mon May 21, 2007 11:05 am
Post subject:
Just finished my second homescreen. Cool

onlydarksets - Tue May 22, 2007 7:02 am
Post subject:
Again, nice work Prosper!

One sidenote - the screenshot is hard to view since the landscape shot is sideways. Could you just make a 320x320 gif or png with a transparent background, and then display each shot in it's proper orientation? Just a suggestion!
Prosper - Tue May 22, 2007 9:35 am
Post subject:
onlydarksets wrote:
One sidenote - the screenshot is hard to view since the landscape shot is sideways. Could you just make a 320x320 gif or png with a transparent background, and then display each shot in it's proper orientation? Just a suggestion!

I thought about something like this, too.. But the border and the shadow of each screenshot is a seperator graphic, which is drawn under the main screenshot (Click). That's why I decided not to take a 320x320 graphic and leave the unused space white. It would somehow look ugly I guess... Rolling Eyes Going to investigate in this.