FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
EXCLUSIVE: Details on Nextel's i930 Smartphone from Motorola
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Levy
Smartphone Philosopher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: EXCLUSIVE: Details on Nextel's i930 Smartphone from Motorola Reply with quote

Earlier today we linked to Gizmodo's information on the new i930 Smartphone from Motorola which Nextel is planning to sell. We've now received additional leaked photos and details about this device. What excites me most about this device is that the top right image appears to show a half-sized external display featuring a photo caller ID feature. Interestingly, this isn't mentioned in the "Features" list below. Either way, the i930 is not expected to be available until the end of next year so it could be a long time before we learn any more.

On the down side, these images show the device running Smartphone 2002 (as opposed to the much improved Smartphone 2003) and there is no mention of Bluetooth support.

Product Placement
  • New product category – Microsoft Smart Phone and Dual Band iDen/GSM
Positioning
  • Nextel’s combined International (one number worldwide) Smart phone (Microsoft Operating System)
  • Targeted at executives and mobile professionals who travel outside of the US as well as users who require an integrated PDA that syncs to Microsoft.
High-Value Features
  • NEW! – Microsoft Smart phone software that runs pocket versions of popular office productivity tools such as Outlook email, contacts, calendar, Internet Explorer
  • NEW! – SDIO slot for applications or additional memory
  • NEW! – Camera and Flash
  • NEW! – Large Internal 65K Color Screen
  • NEW! – Limitless Contact Manager
  • NEW! – Full Multi Media Capabilities (MMS) take and send pictures, music and messages
  • NEW! - Standard Lithium ion battery 450 mAh (190 min with 6:1, 70hrs stand by)
Product Pricing: ~$385 Kitted
Commercial Launch: Q4, 2004
Expected Mix: 1-2%
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: Details on Nextel's i930 Smartphone from Moto Reply with quote

Robert Levy wrote:
Commercial Launch: Q4, 2004

Lets see... ships late 2004 with SmartPhone 2002 on it.... I don't think so. Either the ship date is wrong, or the OS will be upgraded to a newer version.
groundskeeperwilly
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Finally!!! Reply with quote

Hey either way, it's a step in the right direction for Nextel. Would be nice if it would support the Palm OS 5 level. But hey, beggers can be choosers!
JonnoB
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally!!! Reply with quote

groundskeeperwilly wrote:
Hey either way, it's a step in the right direction for Nextel. Would be nice if it would support the Palm OS 5 level.

Correct: It is a good step in the right direction for Nextel.
Wrong: It would not be better with POS. Ewwww

late 2004, is too late IMO
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dinesh_H
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to have a lot of info for a product that is not coming for a year. I have a sneaking suspicion the announcement next week is for Nextel. There have been reports of Nextel developing a Smartphone for months.
JordanMills
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks pretty yummy, but it's WAY too far off. I'll probably have switched to t-mobile by then (on nextel now and getting tired of the braindead monkeys they have on the other end of phone and email).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
arnage2
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the nextel store told me to expect the i900 (w/out camera) and the i930 (w/ camera) in june 2004. It was supposed to be released earlier, but there were production issues.
djalbert
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did someone know when the phone came out???
akabush
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Nextel i930 Reply with quote

Yesterday my nextel rep told me that the i930 will be released on 9/30...
djalbert
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: thats good Reply with quote

thats good I just have to wait a few month i hope i came out on september..... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: