FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Mobile Access To MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Mobile Access To MSN Messenger Reply with quote

http://www.phonefox.com

I was reading this story on GeekZone about how Microsoft is working on a web based version of MSN Messenger. A web based version is of great interest to me, as many of my clients have blocked access to MSN Messenger. Sad I did a little 'Googling' and found the two sites that are mentioned in the article, unfortunately, they have already been blocked by my client, but that took me to another site called PhoneFox - eMessenger .

These guys are offering a web, mobile, and WAP based access to MSN Messenger, for FREE! I'm using the web based access right now. Have any of you heard of these guys, or tried using their mobile version? I would love to hear what others think about this. Especially the mobile version. Very Happy
encece
Smartphone Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone just asked me today if there was an "AIM-Express" type of web app for MSN Messenger, because we are blocked at work from using Messenger. I thought there wasnt until I read your article. I wanted to try it out but their servers seem to be down at the moment.

This should be a cool solution for us at work who are looking for this functionality...which is extremely valuable, even if our IT department doesnt want to agree.
Liko
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An other service : http://i.mimessenger.com

I think it's the better website because it's an imode service so it's very light
Ramin
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Mobile Access To MSN Messenger Reply with quote

I just don't trust a 3rd party web based MSN messenger service with my .NET Passport login credentials. Neutral I would rather just wait for MSN to launch http://webmessenger.msn.com . Mr. Green
aussie
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Ramin - those sites dont even appear to be SSL'd - https - There is no privacy statement. You are nuts to log in through some untrusted site with any ID/Password.

Use at your own risk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: