FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Audiovox SMT5600 and Intellisync?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Other Microsoft Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crack Monkey
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Audiovox SMT5600 and Intellisync? Reply with quote

I currently use a Palm Tungsten PDA, but it's a bit bigger than I need to carry daily. I use it 99% for contacts and calendar. It seems the SM5600 could do the same, assuming I can do a sync at my desktop (company does not have "push" technology installed AFAIK). I'm currently using Intellisync to sync Lotus Notes with the PDA. Does Intellisync for Handhelds have support to sync the SMT5600? If it does, sweet!!! If not, are there any other suggestions - I'd like to downsize physically from the PDA+phone. I guess a Treo might work, but I'd prefer something phone sized.

Thanks,
Alistair
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does. check out this posting.

If you already have intellisync, then the SMT5600 is a good choice. Plus you can get the phone for $-25. Which makes it very affordable too. Smile
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and here's the link for getting the phone for -$25

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/f...opic.php?t=6565
Crack Monkey
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
Yes it does. check out this posting.

If you already have intellisync, then the SMT5600 is a good choice. Plus you can get the phone for $-25. Which makes it very affordable too. Smile

That link talks about the enterprise level server. What I need is a desktop sync tool as my IT department does not have any enterprise level sync technology (and since we're not a company of "roadwarrior" consultants, I don't see them jumping on the technology anytime soon). I don't need "push" ability, or anything realtime. I just need to sync calendar and contacts at the end of day (like with my PDA). Basically, the PDA meets all my needs, except for the extra bulk in my pocket.

Intellisync Handheld is what I use currently - I'm wondering if this tool supports MS Mobile Smartphone, or just the full MS Pocket?
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall seeing something about a client. However, I don't know much about their product, so you might want to check out their website. http://www.intellisync.com
Crack Monkey
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
I recall seeing something about a client. However, I don't know much about their product, so you might want to check out their website. http://www.intellisync.com

I checked it out and some of the pages seemed to indicate it worked with the 2002 version of Smartphone. No mention of 2003. Of course, some of their pages didn't mention Smartphone at all. I guess I'll keep poking around until I figure it out, as I think a Smartphone would suit my needs perfectly if I can do a "normal" sync.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Other Microsoft Smartphones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: