FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Cingular & Sprint Offer Discounts to Katrina Victims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Cingular & Sprint Offer Discounts to Katrina Victims Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...ss_discounts_dc

"Cingular Wireless, the No. 1 U.S. wireless carrier, has said it would give customers in the areas devastated by Hurricane Katrina discounts on their cell phone bills, including roaming charges and text messages. Customers in the New Orleans and Biloxi, Mississippi, markets will receive a one-time 50 percent credit on their monthly fee and will not be charged for roaming, extra minutes, long-distance or text messaging from late August through September 30, according to a September 8 letter made available on Friday. Cingular's subscribers in the markets of Mobile, Alabama, Jackson, Mississippi, Baton Rouge and Lafayette, Louisiana, will get a one-time 25 percent discount on their monthly charge as well as unspecified discounts on roaming and text messages."

Nice job Cingular! :way to go: Sprint has also offered a month of free access to those in the affected area, while Verizon has said they are working on a case by case basis and will try to make sure that service is not cut off to those who are late paying their bills. Verizon's offering is a little weak if you ask me. However, it's still something that these people can use and take advantage of right now. Which is head and shoulders above what T-Mobile is doing. Rolling Eyes

Source: Textually.org
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all these complicated deals "50% off this unless its Tuesday and not less that 60 degrees outside" Give em all 2 free months for goodness sakes!

I know I know its better than nothing.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: