FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Amp'd Mobile to Offer Just EV-DO Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THE COMPETITION Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Amp'd Mobile to Offer Just EV-DO Service Reply with quote

http://laptopmag.com/Features/Ampd_Mobile.htm

"When was the last time you heard anyone call their wireless service provider cool? You will when Amp’d Mobile launches this fall. Amp’d is targeting 18 to 34 year-olds with slick black handsets that you can customize online before you buy. It has all of the right ingredients to make wireless data a must-have instead of an overpriced afterthought. Revolutionary channel-like user interface put videos, music, and games in your face instead of burying them ten menus deep, and it downloads content to your phone and PC simultaneously. In fact, the only thing this wireless maverick has in common with big carriers like Verizon Wireless, from which Amp’d is licensing its technology (an arrangement that puts Amp’d in the class of Mobile Virtual Network Operators, or MVNOs), is the underlying network. Even in this regard Amp’d stands out because it will exclusively sell phones that use high-speed EV-DO technology, guaranteeing a consistent user experience."

I like the part about downloading content to your PC and phone, at the same time. I wonder how that's done? It's a great way to ensure you don't loose something you've purchased. The EV-DO only service is a nice touch too. Everyone will have a fast connection. Then, all they will need is a nice Smartphone. Mr. Green
ricksfiona
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY like this! You can get DATA only with Verizon, but it's very expensive at $80 or so a month. Hopefully they can swing a cheaper deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THE COMPETITION All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: