FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
ASUS P305: Is Asus Getting Ready to Launch a 3G Smartphone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: ASUS P305: Is Asus Getting Ready to Launch a 3G Smartphone? Reply with quote

http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=2315

"ASUSTeK Computer Inc (ASUS), a leading provider of high-quality mobile communication devices, today previewed one of the most compact 3G smartphones in the world to date – the P305, at the 3GSM World Congress . As a Windows Mobile 5.0 powered 3G smartphone, the P305 offers powerful multimedia and productivity features that allow users to be more productive and truly experience a mobile lifestyle. ... The mini-SD expansion card slot also allows for additional memory for storing a wide range of content including music, games, photos and video. With 3G capabilities along with the power and functionality of Windows Mobile 5.0 in a small and sleek form factor, the P305 offers endless hours of fun while serving as mobile business companion."

Wish the Asus press release came with a photograph of the product. It is not clear whether this handset is powered by Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone or Pocket PC Phone Edition, but all the hints point in the direction of it being a Smartphone device. The reference to small and sleek form factor, miniSD and the lack of any reference to QWERTY keypad or touch screen, indicates that this device is a Windows Mobile 5.0 based Smartphone device. Some of our readers might remember the forecast for 2006 made by Mobile-review.com, which talked about Asus launching a 3G clam shell Smartphone called the P305 this year, looks like it is coming true. Cool Does anyone know more about this Smartphone?
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.... I love it when we see new OEMs. I hope they don't go with the standard HTC product. We could use some new designs. Very Happy
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other related news story I could find is
http://www.cellulare-magazine.it/ne...s.asp?IDNW=5072

It has a photo for a Pocket PC Phone Edition device code named Galaxy and mentions the P305 without photos. Sad
Stinger
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it's being shown off at 3GSM then I'm sure we'll see plenty of photos of it next week. Smile
James Sonne
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asus does tend to design its own devices. Especially considering they claim to be the smallest device around, and I wouldn't doubt it.
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is something that excites me. i really dont have much to choose from as far as WM smartphones go; especially on cingular. i would love to see a little bit of competition. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinger wrote:
Well, if it's being shown off at 3GSM then I'm sure we'll see plenty of photos of it next week. Smile

Eagerly waiting for the 3GSM photo-shoot. Is anyone over here planning to attend it?
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw a picture of the device over at msmobiles. it looks similar to the nokia 6682 symbian smartphone as far as body and feel goes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are talking about this post, then I am 99.9% sure that it is not the photo of the P305. According to Mobile-review.com, that is an Asus device codenamed Galaxy or something.
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting post on Geekzone:
Asus P305 Is 3G And Some Video Telephony Concepts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: