FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Cannot sync new Tmobile SDA - .inf file needed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Other Microsoft Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Cannot sync new Tmobile SDA - .inf file needed? Reply with quote

I have a Dell Axim X30 that syncs to my computer fine as well as my Blackberry. I purchased a new tmo SDA tonight and I can't get my computer to recognize it for the life of me. It states that it needs a necessary inf file. I called tmo and after speaking to several reps, they finally hooked me up with someone from South Africa! He said that some of the SDA's are lacking that necessary file and he doesn't know why. He told me to go to microsoft.com and type in inf.file into the search box and then download the file directly to my device. I tried that but I can't find a file to download. This phone is so new that many of the tmo reps haven't even heard of it yet. I guess I'll be taking it back but I really like all the other features. Any one have any ideas? Thanks
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you install the latest version of ActiveSync? You need AS4.1 to sync with a Windows Mobile 5 device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Other Microsoft Smartphones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: