FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
TiVo Mobile Coming to Verizon Wireless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> CONTENT Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: TiVo Mobile Coming to Verizon Wireless Reply with quote

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.a...?ContentId=5998

"TiVo and Verizon Wireless have entered an agreement that will allow Verizon Wireless to launh TiVo Mobile, a new downloadable application that lets TiVo service subscribers schedule recordings on their TiVo device directly from their Verizon Wireless handset. TiVo Mobile is a new service that will allow TiVo subscribers to schedule DVR recordings and access related entertainment information from the convenience of their mobile handsets. Viewers will be able to schedule recordings on the go via the same user interface users experience with TiVo DVR."

Today's theme here on Smartphone Thoughts is Mobile TV. Did you notice? Wink This is a step better than watching video clips that Cingular is offering, but it's still locking you to Tivo and Verizon. I'm looking forward to getting my Slingbox and doing my TV on my device and my carrier. No need to switch carriers or devices. Very Happy
xultar
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they charge an additional $5 a month for the service. And you can't watch the shows.

Rolling Eyes
jfreiman
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't program my Media Center PC from my phone - well, not that I know of, but I can program in reminders to record shows and then add them when I get home.

The real benefit users of Windows Mobile have is that they can sync their programs from Media Center to their phones and watch them on the go! Wink

However, Windows Media Player 10 Mobil is terrible for playing back video of any length. fast forwarding is painful and not practicle, also it doesn't/can't remember the location of video you left off, etc.

Do third party programs offer better playback features?

Back on topic now, how long before we see a Windows Media Center remote interface for the Mobile Phone market? (program, delete, etc)
Janak Parekh
Rogue Pocket PC Thoughts Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xultar wrote:
And they charge an additional $5 a month for the service. And you can't watch the shows.

And it needs Get It Now, so like VCast, I don't think it'll be available for any WM device.

--janak
Pete Teoh
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With TiVoWeb Plus installed on my TiVos, I can already program my TiVo from anywhere I can get a GPRS/EDGE signal. Why pay Verizon when I can do it for free? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> CONTENT All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: