FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
New Smartphone by Rogers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Rogers Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aokay
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: New Smartphone by Rogers Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some information.

I was told today by a Rogers sales person today that a new smartphone and a new blackberry would be released by Rogers in a couple of weeks. Has anyone heard which models these might be? I'm trying to figure out if it's worthwhile waiting for them.

Thanks for any help.
aokay
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Bad news Reply with quote

For anyone who's interested - although it doesn't look like anyone is (no replies) - it turns out there is no new smartphone that will be released by Rogers. The salesperson who gave me the wrong info was referring to the Treo that supports Windows Mobile, and not a true smartphone.

To make matters worse, I decided to upgrade to the Audiovox SMT5600, and after waiting 2 weeks for it to arrive, I called Rogers to ask where my phone was, and I was told it was discontinued.

Why we have to wait so long to get phones in Canada that are commonly available in other countries is beyond me.

I think I'll get the SP5m on eBay. Anyone have that phone in Canada?
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a SMT5600 - used it for ages. It's a great phone. I also have a SP5m - my current phone, and it's pretty good as well. Although, I think I prefer the overall size and shape of the 5600 but the features of the SP5m.

In regards to the new Smartphones; The Treo is a common mistake by media and carriers alike. It's still in the rumor stage but, Rogers is planning to release the Q sometime - or so I've heard. But you won't see that for at least another 6 months. Since Rogers is GSM and the GSM version is due until late this year. Bell and Telus have been looking at the Q as well. And I hear they should have it out by mid summer. Could be interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Rogers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: