FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Bluetooth Hands-Free Extension Now Supports Voice Command

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Bluetooth Hands-Free Extension Now Supports Voice Command Reply with quote

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/purchase.html

"I finally finished up my hobby project writing an extension that provides additional features to the Bluetooth Hands-free support in Windows Mobile. Beyond the phonebook sync and status indicators support I recently added support to enable using Bluetooth for voice dialing with Voice Command or OEM-provided voice dialers. It also allows you to have your custom ringtones ring through your Bluetooth device (if the device support that feature), and may improve caller ID support for Outlook contacts."

Jim, from JETware Mobile Software has been pretty busy lately with his JETware Hands-free Extension for Windows Mobile phones. Some of the new features in this version are include activating Microsoft Voice Command voice dialing over Bluetooth, using custom ringtones through your Bluetooth device and improved Caller ID! Now I should mention that all of these features listed are dependant on your phone. If you have a phone that does not support some of these features then they will not work. I've played around with it for a few minutes today and it looks promising. If this program sounds like it is up your alley then go try it out, it comes with a 30-day evaluation period Smile

Source: Jim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xultar
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This line on the site confuses me...

# New! Activate Microsoft Voice Command voice dialing over Bluetooth

The Microsoft Voice Command product isn't available for smartphone. So this feature must be fo PocketPC only.

OK I installed it on my 2125 with the new Cingular 2125 rom..
The Voice Dial function is greyed out...unavailable. BUMMER!
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, the site is a little confusing. pretty much, those features listed will only work if they are supported features on your phone. anything that involves voice command will only work on a pocket pc for the moment, unless microsofts gives smartphone users voice command technology Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xultar
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocco Augusto wrote:
yea, the site is a little confusing. pretty much, those features listed will only work if they are supported features on your phone. anything that involves voice command will only work on a pocket pc for the moment, unless microsofts gives smartphone users voice command technology Smile

Welp, I'm uninstalling. Not enough features to purchase for my 2125 and not enough features that I'm willing to give up the mb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: