FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
We're Changing RSS Setup and Moving to FeedBurner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> UPDATE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: We're Changing RSS Setup and Moving to FeedBurner Reply with quote

We've changed our RSS setup here at Smartphone Thoughts, and I wanted to give everyone a heads up so they can let us know if they run into any problems. Historically, our RSS feed has been located at www.smartphonethoughts.com/xml/index.php. We've now put a redirect on that file that will push your RSS reader to http://feeds.smartphonethoughts.com/smartphonethoughts and that in turn redirects to our Feedburner feed. Why Feedburner? It gives us a lot of really useful tools related to RSS content - the ability to track the number of people subscribing to the feed, track which items get clicked on, etc. If your already a subscriber to the Smartphone Thoughts RSS feed, everything should work exactly like it did before - if it's not, please post a comment and let me know what's not working.
ctmagnus
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use RSS regularly, and when I do its via Bloglines, but will the other Thoughts sites eventually change over?
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctmagnus wrote:
I don't use RSS regularly, and when I do its via Bloglines, but will the other Thoughts sites eventually change over?

Digital Media Thoughts is already using FeedBurner, Pocket PC Thoughts will change over early next week.
dbob
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: your new RSS feed works well with google reader Reply with quote

Hi,

Plugged it in and there you are.
Thanks for a fine job.

Bob Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> UPDATE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: