FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Windows Mobile Team Blog: I'm Just A Feature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> DEVELOPER Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Windows Mobile Team Blog: I'm Just A Feature Reply with quote

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile.../11/749942.aspx

"In my spare time, I write a lot of little applications for my Windows Mobile devices. For instance, my son was learning his multiplication tables, so I wrote a Math Quiz app for him and handed my Smartphone over whenever we had time to kill. Part of the fun of being able to write apps for your phone is that you can say, "I wish I had this," and then make it happen. But the real fun is that writing quick little apps is nothing at all like real software development. I banged out a fully functional MathQuiz app in an hour and a half, tested it a bit, and then gave it to him to use. He suggested some things (you haven't lived until you've taken feature requests from your eight year old), I spent another hour adding the things he wanted, and that was that. Unfortunately, software development is rarely like this. Developing something for millions of people never is."

This is a great article about mobile software development. I have been wishing for the time to get into even some simple development. The ability to make a tool when you need one is very liberating. I used to develop applications for some of the early HP handhelds. They were much simpler than any Smartphone is today. If you have any interest in Smartphone software development give this a read.

Source: Pocket PC Thoughts

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> DEVELOPER All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: