FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Tips for Building Windows Mobile Apps with Visual Studio on Vista

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> DEVELOPER Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Tips for Building Windows Mobile Apps with Visual Studio on Reply with quote

http://blogs.msdn.com/melsam/archiv.../27/774094.aspx

"There was an announcement made this week about Visual Studio 2005 SP1 and support for Vista. In a nutshell, SP1 won't resolve all the issues of running VS on Vista. However, I want to point out that if you're developing Windows Mobile applications, there isn't much to worry about. I've been using Visual Studio on Vista for months now, developing and debugging both managed and native applications. Apart from a few setup issues, everything works great. The minor setup issues have workarounds that were mentioned on the VSD blog a while back. I've been told by the VSD team that these issues will be also fixed in SP1 instead of the post-Vista update, so that's great news."

Mel has also put together a 8 minute video showing demos Visual Studio running on Windows Vista. You can check out Mel's blog for links to the video and workarounds that he mentions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> DEVELOPER All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: