FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Wireless USB Poised to Cut the Cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Wireless USB Poised to Cut the Cable Reply with quote

http://news.com.com/Wireless+USB+po...g=html.alert%0d

"The computer industry is still working on the paperless office, but new short-range wireless technologies on tap for next year could at last bring about the cable-free desktop. The PC and consumer electronics industries have been talking up Certified Wireless USB (Universal Serial Bus) links as a replacement for those tried-and-true USB cables connecting the PC to everything from iPods to keyboards. Delays, unfortunately, have plagued more than a few companies trying to make this a reality. But by the end of this year, the products that rid your desktop of that tangle of wires should finally start hitting the market."

This is just what we need. Smartphone manufacturers haven't even standardized on the physical USB connector, they haven't adopted USB 2.0, Bluetooth is flaky at times and soon we may have different kind of connectivity woes.

Source: Pocket PC Thoughts
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... Confused Sad
aximilation
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I agree, there's enough trouble with bluetooth, usb, and all that goes with them. I would love to be wrong, but something tells me that there's just going to be problems. Just as it is now, problems pairing, problems communicating, problems syncing, problems working.....sure bluetooth is great when it works, I love USB, but still, call me negative, but I see bad stuff happening.
Hopefully I'm wrong. Smile

Graham - Webmaster: http://aximilation.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: