FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Evolution Stalled?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THOUGHT Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are You Happy with the Windows Mobile Built in Applications?
They are great, stop complaining!
4%
 4%  [ 17 ]
They are OK, I just get third party applications if I want more.
41%
 41%  [ 151 ]
They are barely usable, I resent having to buy applications!
51%
 51%  [ 188 ]
Crouton?
2%
 2%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 366

Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site! Very Happy

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
John Blasdell
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Windows Mobile development team (and the R&D $$) must be very small. Each WM release -- more than a year apart -- gives us tiny improvements. Crying or Very sad And the apps...TextMaker does so much more, although the interface is cluttered; WordSmith and DateBook 5 for PalmOS have more featues and were written by one-man "teams." POutlook is so basic and primitive MS should be embarrassed. Pocket Office IS much improved in WM5, but should be much better.

Remember the IBM PC Junior? IBM crippled it in various ways so people wouldn't buy it instead of their more expensive products. Is MS afraid we'd buy fewer notebooks with Windows XP and a more expen$ive version of MS Office if PPCs and Smartphones were more capable? Bill, they're different products. I also have a notebook but can't carry it in my pocket wherever I go.

It kind of burns me when I read about Bill Gates giving millions to his latest cause. Bill, charity begins at home. Hire a few more of the best and brightest (that will also help the economy and provide more tax dollars), and give us a stable Pocket PC with real Pocket Office features!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Blasdell wrote:
It kind of burns me when I read about Bill Gates giving millions to his latest cause. Bill, charity begins at home. Hire a few more of the best and brightest (that will also help the economy and provide more tax dollars), and give us a stable Pocket PC with real Pocket Office features!

ROTFL!

Jokes aside, lets not bring in Bill and his charity.

I do remember reading that they are doing some radical work with mobile device design, putting all the folks in one building away from the main campus. Lets hope that Photon (or Jerry likes to call it, crouton) comes out good.

Microsoft has grown to big and too diverse to be able to focus on each market segment. Given their diverse product offerings they are definitely better than the other companies that have equally big portfolios. But they are not as nimble and fast moving as their startup competitors.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
putting all the folks in one building away from the main campus. Lets hope that Photon (or Jerry likes to call it, crouton) comes out good.

I think it should be several states away. As far away from Redmond as possible!

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
gyos23
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
Welcome to the site! Very Happy

Thnx lol.

And btw the development team is pretty small considering that the market for Smartphones has just gone up only a few. Now with T-mobile/Cingular/Verizon and every other provider putting out more PPC's and SP's out there, hopefully people will catch on. But then again the making this project open source would make it a lot easier...but that's just my opinion Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THOUGHT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: