FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
It's the Jason Dunn Show: Personal Blog Launched & Podcast Interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: It's the Jason Dunn Show: Personal Blog Launched & Podca Reply with quote

http://www.jasondunn.com/welcome-to...ersonal-blog-28

"So here’s the funny thing about creating and running Web sites for a living (which is what I do): you end up having really high expectations for each site you launch, and you want everything to be perfectly in place before you launch. Let’s take a brief inventory list here on this site. First, we have an easy to use CMS - WordPress, all set up and ready to rock as of two months ago. Check. Next, we have a killer template, courtesy of Mr. Darius Wey, finished more than a month ago. Check. My matching photo gallery template is also completed, as of two weeks ago. Check. So what was left? Nothing - yet somehow I was obsessing over the smallest details the way I do with a Thoughts Media site. Then I was reminded of a simple truth a few days ago: the entire reason I’m launching this personal blog is to give myself a no-pressure, talk-about-whatever-I-want place that has no connection to my “real” job. So what the hell was I waiting for exactly? And here we go - launched!"

I've decided to launch a personal blog (with an awesome template - go Darius!), and all the reasons why are in my first post. It's more of a personal project than anything else, but if you enjoy my ranting here you may enjoy the blog. It also is the home to some really old projects that are entertaining to look at in retrospect. I also wanted to let you know about a podcast I did with Vincent Ferrari as part of his "Side Salad" podcast. It has nothing to do with vegetables (although I do say "you know" a lot, so seemingly I may have some form of brain damage) and everything to do with Thoughts Media, the sites I run with the great volunteers that help me, and some good discussion on all sorts of tech topics. I enjoy being a guest on podcasts, because it's a lot easier than doing one myself where I have to think up a lot of great questions to answer. Wink And that concludes the Jason Dunn Show...back to your regular programming.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the design! Darius does some great work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: