FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Rivia has Released Gentimer v1.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Rivia has Released Gentimer v1.2 Reply with quote

http://rivia.net/Gentimer.aspx

"Gentimer is the application that every Gentlemen or Gentlewoman should have on their smartphone. It is designed to be stylish, functional, yet simple to use 'all-in-one’ alarm, timer, stopwatch, world clock application which will make your life easier."

I posted about this little application when it was first released. Why am I posting on this seemingly small point release now? Oh I don't know, could it be because it now supports the DASH? It is available at our affiliate store and there is a trial version as well.

Source: T-Will

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
T-Will
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested it out last night...the "sleepyhead" alarm worked great! Laughing

I cleaned my phantom alarms (notification queue) with SKTools, so we'll see if the Dash phantom alarms have gone away permanently if I only stick to using Gentimer.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, let us know Smile

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Gavino1212
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Gentimer Reply with quote

Hi,

The Gentimer looked and sounded great so I purchased it from the affiliate store but there's a small snag:it won't accept the key emailed to me.
It keeps saying code invalid. I tried to input it at the Activation Code help area but it too says it's invalid.

Store seems pretty neat, but I hesitate on further purchases. Has anyone else had this problem??
Help!
T-Will
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Gentimer Reply with quote

Gavino1212 wrote:
Hi,

The Gentimer looked and sounded great so I purchased it from the affiliate store but there's a small snag:it won't accept the key emailed to me.
It keeps saying code invalid. I tried to input it at the Activation Code help area but it too says it's invalid.

Store seems pretty neat, but I hesitate on further purchases. Has anyone else had this problem??
Help!

Did you try emailing the developer? Rolling Eyes

Gavino1212
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re:Gentimer Reply with quote

No, not yet. I had the same problem at first with Bejewlled, which I took the chance on as well, but Astraware emaild me a code and it works great!!

I shall have to do so!! Not knocking the SMT store at all, was just kind of disappointed with Gentimer's Activation code not working. But maybe Rivia will email me!!

SDA, Dash
T-Will
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re:Gentimer Reply with quote

Gavino1212 wrote:
No, not yet. I had the same problem at first with Bejewlled, which I took the chance on as well, but Astraware emaild me a code and it works great!!

I shall have to do so!! Not knocking the SMT store at all, was just kind of disappointed with Gentimer's Activation code not working. But maybe Rivia will email me!!

That's really strange, I purchased through the SPT store and the code worked great for me! Smile
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavino1212, I'll make a note of it and watch to see if anyone else has the same problem. I haven't had any issues yet. It could be possible that the key is case sensitive or something.
Gavino1212
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: RE:Gentimer Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

The laugh's on me...lol Razz I've discovered what the problem is and Gentimer's registered to me and both it and Bejeweled are doing fine in my Dash!!

Thankfully I now have the ability to laugh at myself. Here's what happened, and hope this helps if anyone else encounter's this problem.

My ladyfriend has a nickname for me so that is what I had listed in the Owner Information area of the settings menu so it would show on my homescreen.

It differs however slightly from my actual name which is on my credit card and account with the SMT affiliate store. when I attempted to enter the activation code, I guess the program tried matching my account name with the owner info and came up with a mismatch thusly invalidating my activation!! Astraware sent me thier own code which activated the thier product. Rivia didn't. But my actual name's in my Dash now and I heartily recommend the SMT affiliate store!!!!!

Hope this helps anyone else who encounter a similar problem.

I look forward to more purchases. Very Happy

SDA, Dash
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Thanks for letting us know. I've been burned by owner name myself. Since I have changed it in the past (from Michael to Mike) and then all your apps fail. Sad

I like how some programs don't use Owner Name, but make you enter a name and a key code. That way it's a little more flexible. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: