FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
ACiD Sync for Pocket PC and Smartphones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: ACiD Sync for Pocket PC and Smartphones Reply with quote

http://www.razer7.com/product-acidsync.html

"Ever want to synchronize the memory card on your Pocket PC or Smartphone, well now you can! Looking for an easy way to transfer your music, pictures, movies and Podcasts? Finding ActiveSync synchronization of "My Documents" just a little too lacking? Want to shrink down your images before putting them on your device? If the answer is yes─then you need ACiD Sync"

If you ever wanted an easy way to sync files with your Smartphone, than be sure to check out ACiD Sync. Personally, I don't really see the allure of software such as this since dragging items to my phone really isn't that difficult. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
T-Will
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a program that can synchronize files in My Documents on a Smartphone to the PC? It look slike this can only sync a memory card. I thought I saw mention somewhere of a program that makes a Smartphone look like a memory card on the PC, has anyone heard of this?
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is. The i320 has it built into the device. Otherwise, I think it's called something like WM5torage. But I could be wrong.
Ed@Brighthand
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ACiD Sync for Pocket PC and Smartphones Reply with quote

Rocco Augusto wrote:
Personally, I don't really see the allure of software such as this since dragging items to my phone really isn't that difficult.

I like the convenience of having a folder on my PC that is an exact duplicate of what's on my smartphone, and all I have to do to add something to the smartphone is drop something into that folder and ActiveSync.

Plus, if you like podcasts, ACiD Sync can automatically decrease the bit-rate on these so they take up less space on your memory card.
Ed@Brighthand
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Will wrote:
It look slike this can only sync a memory card.

There's so little storage space built into my device that virtually everything goes onto a memory card. That's especially true of images and podcasts.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ACiD Sync for Pocket PC and Smartphones Reply with quote

Hey Ed, welcome to the site!

Ed@Brighthand wrote:
I like the convenience of having a folder on my PC that is an exact duplicate of what's on my smartphone, and all I have to do to add something to the smartphone is drop something into that folder and ActiveSync.

I agree. I loved that with my Pocket PC days. I wish that Microsoft didn't break things on the Smartphone. Confused ACiD looks like a nice solution, but I think I'm at the point where I would like this to happen over Exchange ActiveSync. I don't cradle my phone much anymore. Maybe once a week and that's usually to grab updates to ewallet and such.
Ed@Brighthand
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: ACiD Sync for Pocket PC and Smartphones Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
I wish that Microsoft didn't break things on the Smartphone.

Wait until Crossbow comes. I'm under the impression that many of the features that were left out of WM Smartphone will be added in this version. I strongly suspect file synchronization will one of them. We've already seen the screen shots of the WM Smartphone version of Office Mobile.
Fais
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Will wrote:
Is there a program that can synchronize files in My Documents on a Smartphone to the PC? It look slike this can only sync a memory card.

Here's a tip for you: When setting up a relationship in ACiD Sync, try entering "My Documents" (no quotes) into the custom card name field.

ACiD Sync will then synchronize with a "My ACiD Sync" folder in your My Documents folder instead of the storage card.

You can use this to specify any folder name, of course, i.e. it doesn't necessarily have to be My Documents.

Have a PPC or Smartphone ─ Try ACiD Sync today!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: