FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
T-Mobile Dash Receives the Geek.Com's Pick Rating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: T-Mobile Dash Receives the Geek.Com's Pick Rating Reply with quote

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2...61114040409.htm

"The Chief Geek loves him some phones, and his latest device of choice is the T-Mobile Dash, a Windows Mobile-sporting, QWERTY-keyboard-toting, awesome screen-having, Wi-Fi-enabled beauty with a nice feel and a remarkably thin profile. Since he was at Mobius Thailand recently, a lot of smartphones have passed through the Chief Geek's hands lately, yet the Dash impressed him so much he gave it an easy Geek.com Pick. Check out the review to see why."

Another review praising the T-Mobile Dash. Very Happy I am eagerly waiting for a head to head review of the recently announced Samsung BlackJack and the T-Mobile Dash.
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more. As long as the Dash is compared to these slightly older phones, it's going to win. But against the BJ - that would be a great duel. The devices are so similar and yet each has it's own unique look and each offers something the other doesn't. I think it's going to come down to "who's your carrier?" and "do you want wifi or a 3G data plan?" Otherwise either phone's a winner. For me? I love the dash but I could easily see someone having the same feelings about the BJ.
T-Will
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah at least from the pictures I've seen and what I've heard about the BJ, if T-Mobile had brought it on before the Dash I would've jumped on that in a second. But since the Dash came to T-Mobile first I'm now a Dash fanboy. Smile
mpebv
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Agree Reply with quote

I agree with Geek.com, especially since I own a Dash. I was in CompUsa today, and was asking a question about one of their digital cameras (what type of memory cards it would accept). He didn't know so he said he would go try to find someone. While he was gone I thought to myself, "heck, I will look it up quick on Amazon.com on my new Dash". I had the answer before he came back. As he walked up to me I told him I looked it up and found out that it did not take standard SD cards like I wanted. He saw the phone as I was putting it back in it's holder, and he said, "wow, what phone is that!" I told him it is the new Tmo Dash. He said, "wow, that thing is awesome!".
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crispeto wrote:
As long as the Dash is compared to these slightly older phones, it's going to win. But against the BJ - that would be a great duel.

Yeah, that's a good point. It would be nice to see more of the BJ. But I imagine will start seeing that once it hits later this week. Very Happy
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now I'm reallly glad I got the Dash. I called my local Cingular dealer about the BJ. They got it in but he informed me that my area doesn't have 3G yet. That means I would only have EDGE all the time. Not even wifi. Only the direct Portland area has 3G. Portland is also about to get city wide wifi so either way they get a great choice. He did say that while he was in Portland using the BJ with 3G, it was the fastest web browsing on a mobile device he's ever seen. Cool!
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now that the dash and bj have been released, has anyone had the chance to play with both? What do you think? Do you have a preference?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: