FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Any way to add phrases to the auto-text feature?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Software Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argelius
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argelius wrote:
Mike Temporale wrote:
try hitting space once you have the word selected instead of enter.

I tired that. It's a little easier, although still not quite what it should be.

When you select the word with the space, the word gets selected, but no space gets inserted. It's not too difficult to press the space bar twice in succession (first to select word; the second to add a space), so it does save a bit of time.

Still, though, there should be a setting that allows you to have a space automatically inserted after the word is selected with the navigation pad. Alas, it's not the most inconvenient of things one encounters in life...

just figured out something: the space bar thing works when composing an email, but I not when working in a web form (like I am doing now)
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argelius wrote:
just figured out something: the space bar thing works when composing an email, but I not when working in a web form (like I am doing now)

Cool. Glad to see it works someplace! Wink

Too bad it doesn't work in the web form. Is there a chance that you're in a different text input mode? I'm not sure how to toggle that on the Dash, usually it's press and hold on the * and a menu will pop up. Check what input mode is set on in email and then compare that when you're in IE.
Argelius
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
Is there a chance that you're in a different text input mode? I'm not sure how to toggle that on the Dash, usually it's press and hold on the * and a menu will pop up. Check what input mode is set on in email and then compare that when you're in IE.

I doubled checked and it is as I originally described. Everything else seems to work find in web forms except the space-bar selection maneuver.

I'm a total gadget whore/tramp and am just loving my Dash. I thought it'd feel like a step backwards after having a PocketPC (as opposed to SmartPhone) phone. But actually, the non-touch screen OS is actually in many ways easier to use.

Loving my newfound relationship with smartphonethoughts -- lots of great information here!
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argelius wrote:
I'm a total gadget whore/tramp and am just loving my Dash. I thought it'd feel like a step backwards after having a PocketPC (as opposed to SmartPhone) phone. But actually, the non-touch screen OS is actually in many ways easier to use.

Cool YES! I feel the same way, but for some reason, PPC users are afraid that they won't be able to get by without a touch screen. Rolling Eyes

Argelius wrote:
Loving my newfound relationship with smartphonethoughts -- lots of great information here!

And we love having you here! Embarassed Wink
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
PPC users are afraid that they won't be able to get by without a touch screen. Rolling Eyes

They are weak! Cool

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
ditch_azeroth
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing you could do is edit your "my text" phrases (right menu+4 on text menu). also, you can add/edit words on your t9 by running "T9MyWord.exe" (it should be located in the \windows\T9MyWord.exe). hope this helps ^_^
Argelius
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditch_azeroth wrote:
another thing you could do is edit your "my text" phrases (right menu+4 on text menu). also, you can add/edit words on your t9 by running "T9MyWord.exe" (it should be located in the \windows\T9MyWord.exe). hope this helps ^_^

Excellent. Thanks!

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." -- Albert Einstein
Argelius
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditch_azeroth wrote:
... you can add/edit words on your t9 by running "T9MyWord.exe" (it should be located in the \windows\T9MyWord.exe). hope this helps ^_^

hmmmm...couldn'tfind it. perhaps since the Dash uses xt9 it doesn't have that file...

would be great, though, to add my own words to the dictionary...
zilla31
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argelius wrote:
ditch_azeroth wrote:
... you can add/edit words on your t9 by running "T9MyWord.exe" (it should be located in the \windows\T9MyWord.exe). hope this helps ^_^

hmmmm...couldn'tfind it. perhaps since the Dash uses xt9 it doesn't have that file...

would be great, though, to add my own words to the dictionary...

anyone have any luck figuring out the app to edit the dictionary on the dash? not only do I want to add words, I have quite a few typos I want to delete now too Smile
Argelius
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zilla31 wrote:

anyone have any luck figuring out the app to edit the dictionary on the dash? not only do I want to add words, I have quite a few typos I want to delete now too Smile

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything. I used to have a regular PocketPC and there are a number of applications for those. I have tried them on my Smarphone but theydont work...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: