FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
3125 cingular Activesync will not sync up mail with exchange server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwilso1
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: 3125 cingular Activesync will not sync up mail with exchange Reply with quote

My 3125 cingular phone will sync up with my SBC mail but not with my company exchange server account. The server name, password and domain are correct but the actrivesync cant see it. Cingular tech support hahaha, says they use the blackberry redirect service software (Activesync) on all there phones but does not work with the cingular phones. Nice to know this before I purchased this phone. My co worker got his mail to sync up but needed to download a patch to his machine and the phone but he is out on vacation for the two next week. Does anyone know what this patch is? so I can get this up and running. Thanks
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only "Patch" that comes to mind is a later version of ActiveSync. You probably already have a good version assuming you are using the one that came with the phone. Perhaps your coworker is referring to a security certificate?

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
bwilso1
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is possible but it sounds like it is a program that needs to be downloaded onto the phone and the desktop to make activesync work. I may have to wait until next week, but thanks.
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can think of is a certificate. Not sure if I am on the right track, but I believe some corporate mail servers might require you to add a certificate on to your device.

And I dont know how to add one. Embarassed
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
And I dont know how to add one. Embarassed

I'm not sure anyone does!

chiptransisto
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have been able to connect with that phone before and then it stopped working, I can't help.
If you have never had that phone working and you have the server name, domain and user info correct, you problem is probably that you don't have a certificate installed in you phone. There are directions around about how to export a certificate from you windows server. Once you have the certificate, which is a file that ends with an extension of *.cer, you need to install it in your phone. The easiest way is to copy it to your sd storage card, use file exploer to click on it. When you click on it, the phone will ask if you want to install the certificate. Click yes then you will be able to sync.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: