FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
pop3 and activesync

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Tips 'n Tricks Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dscpa
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: pop3 and activesync Reply with quote

I am having a problem setting up a pop3 email account and then syncing it with my Outlook 2003 on the PC.

I setup the pop3 account on the treo (700wx) per the manual. I have designated it “yadtel pop3 account” on the treo. I can send and receive with the pop3 server from treo with no problem. I do have it setup to leave a copy of the message on the pop3 server too.

I also have this same pop3 email account setup on my PC Outlook. I am only using one profile on my PC Outlook. Again, I can send & receive from the PC Outlook with no problem. I also leave a copy of the mail on the pop3 server.

Now, when I setup the activesync between the treo & PC Outlook, the PC Outlook syncs with the default “Outlook E-mail” account on the treo. It does not sync with the “yadtel pop3 account” account I setup. Accordingly, it does not sync any emails I have sent or read via “yadtel pop3 account" from the treo with the PC Outlook. It only syncs with the “Outlook E-mail” account on the treo...which I am not really using. This would be ok if I could figure out how to send/receive on the treo without having to sync with the PC each time.

So, how do I tell activesync to sync the PC Outlook with the “yadtel pop3 account”?

Or, if I cannot sync a pop3 account with PC Outlook, how do I send/receive with the treo using the cell network and not have to tether to the PC to sync and send?

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: pop3 and activesync Reply with quote

dscpa wrote:
So, how do I tell activesync to sync the PC Outlook with the “yadtel pop3 account”?

You don't. Wink

ActiveSync will Sync your desktop Outlooks default mail account to the Outlook Mail folder on the device and that's it. If you do this, all your email will only be in the Outlook mail account on the device. When you create an email, the only way to send it is to use Active Sync and sync it back to the desktop and then it will send from there.

You've already created the POP3 account on the phone. When you're viewing the account on the phone, there should be a menu option to Send/Recieve. This will get and send your email over the air (across the carriers network).

Cool
dscpa
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. I was afraid that was the answer. That bites. Thanks for the reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Tips 'n Tricks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: