FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Final Update: Handango vs. Omnisoft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THOUGHT Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Final Update: Handango vs. Omnisoft Reply with quote

http://www.omnisoft.com/articles/ha...ngo/default.asp

"This will probably be the last update I will make for a while on this issue. Handango is still not willing to re-open my account at this time. Will Pinnell said in their official reply “We treat all of our 16,000 global content providers with respect and professionalism”. I just wish I was one of those 16,000 because I probably would have then been extended the respect and professional courtesy of an advanced notice informing me that my account was at risk of being closed, and the opportunity to fix whatever the problem(s) were before it had to be abruptly terminated. Even though Handango will not re-open my account (so now I'm loosing almost half of my sales), they did send me a check for part of the ad allowance ($4,250.00 of the $5,500.00 total). They have not replied to my inquiry about the remaining $1,250.00. However, they didn't even offer this to me until after all of you showed your support :) So, you did make a difference!"

I wish Handango would have the courage to stand up and give their reasons for terminating the partnership with Omnisoft. The fact that they will not comment on the reasons for this really worries me. On the plus side, MobiHand (who runs our affiliate software store) was able to offer some assistance to Omnisoft and hopefully correct some of the wrong doing by Handango. John Cody has added some details about how he plans to thank all of you who helped. Check it out the whole update for details and thanks to everyone for helping to make a difference. I'm glad that I could play a little part in everything.
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not shop at Handango period. I can't stand their policies. Their slogan should be "We're Handango and... It's all about us!"
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many developers use Handango. Often when you click "buy" on their sites you find yourself at a Handango purchasing point.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
lsainsbury
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
So many developers use Handango. Often when you click "buy" on their sites you find yourself at a Handango purchasing point.

...and at that point I click the red X in the top corner of my window...unfortunately the developer has lost a sale... Shocked
mbranscum
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lsainsbury wrote:
Jerry Raia wrote:

...and at that point I click the red X in the top corner of my window...unfortunately the developer has lost a sale... Shocked

Same here...haven't bought anytthing there since the "download insurance" was required.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, most developers sell through more than one reseller.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
onlydarksets
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lsainsbury wrote:
Jerry Raia wrote:

Not me - my "X" is gray Wink

Glad to hear there is at least some resolution in the end. Handango still sucks.
bshpmark
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see MobiHand is going to work with John. MobiHand was very prompt in giving me a refund on the trash Orneta software I purchased through them. I hope the relationship between MobiHand and John Cody works out well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THOUGHT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: