FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Blackjack microSD Insertion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Samsung-based Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billcalle
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Blackjack microSD Insertion Reply with quote

I ordered a SanDisk Ultra II microSD 2.0 GB card from Hong Kong via eBay. This is a higher speed card (10 Read/9 Write MB/s) than I could find anywhere in the US. I've been waiting patiently for several days (I ordered it early last week before I even bought the Blackjack). When I received it today I was shocked by how tiny this sucker is. When I went to insert it I was frustrated because I thought the phone was broken (the card wouldn't stay inserted now matter how hard I tried). I finally realized that to get it to click into place you have to push it past the edge of the phone, i.e. deeper into the socket than is possible with just your finger. I finally used my finger nail to really set this sucker in and it finally works. I've tried it a few times to make sure I didn't break anything. Fortunately I didn't, but it was nerve racking. If anyone else is having trouble with this just realize it is "normal". Also, don't forget to insert the card with the contacts facing up (toward the screen). Good luck...
ifonline
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the same thing. Frustrating, as I too thought the phone was broken. But all is well, although I am glad to hear the 2 GB card works. I got the 1 GB card and am considering an exchange.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you pay for the card?

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
ifonline
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me? $60.00. Him? No idea! Wink
stevew
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with a 1 gig card. The brand was Dane-Elec. I thought the card was incompatable. I usually stay with SanDisk, never had a problem with them. But maybe it's just a thing with the BlackJack. Weird I've been reading a lot about the BlackJack on Howards Forum and haven't seen anything about this there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Samsung-based Smartphones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: