FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
T-Mobile Dash, HTC S620, Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: T-Mobile Dash, HTC S620, Review Reply with quote

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/pho...Mobile-Dash.htm

"It's been a very good year for PDA and smartphones, and it's still not over yet! This Fall we've seen the introduction of two of my favorite phones, the Cingular 8525 and the T-Mobile Dash. Though each share a QWERTY keyboard and base Windows Mobile 5 software, the 8525 and its HTC-branded sibling the TyTN run Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC Phone Edition and are quite large in comparison, albeit more powerful. The Dash and HTC S620 run Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone Edition which means they lack touch screens, the Notes component of Outlook and Microsoft's own MS Office Mobile applications which allow both viewing and editing of Word and Excel documents."

For those of you celebrating Thanksgiving, have a happy one! Here is another review of one of the more popular new Smartphones. It also has a comparison shot alongside some other devices. You can read it in between mouthfuls of turkey. Smile

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best device I've ever owned!
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crispeto wrote:
This is the best device I've ever owned!

There's no question that this is one of the hottest new Smartphones. I wonder which of the latest QWERTY devices will end up as the most popular?
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the responses here so far I would guess the Dash will be the winner. I haven't seen this much enthusiasm in a quite a while.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the dash got the early jump on the bj but with 3g and with cingular, I think will end up being at least if not more popular. From the professional and user reviews I've read on the web, the only real diffs are wifi vs. 3g and maybe battery life. Other than that, they seem to get equal scores. They're both great devices.
T-Will
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crispeto wrote:
I think the dash got the early jump on the bj but with 3g and with cingular, I think will end up being at least if not more popular. From the professional and user reviews I've read on the web, the only real diffs are wifi vs. 3g and maybe battery life. Other than that, they seem to get equal scores. They're both great devices.

I think the $39.99 unlimited net will be the downfall of the BJ. The Dash can't stream video as well over EDGE, but the unlimited $29.99 (or Blackberry Plan for $19.99) is a much easier price to swallow. How often do people stream video anyways? I mainly use it for light internet browsing or searches and email.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: