FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Buzzing on initial call on 3G --- BJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Samsung-based Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stumpy
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Buzzing on initial call on 3G --- BJ Reply with quote

I keep getting a buzzing right before the call connects on the 3G network once I changed to GSM the buzzing stoped. Has anyone noticed that or maybe its just me? Confused
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you hearing the buzzing? Are you talking about noise coming from speakers that happen to be near by your phone?

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
stumpy
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buzzing is from the phone. I dial the call after I press send I hear a buzzing then the phone connects to the number then it's all clear and hear ringing and voice quality is excellent. This is only in 3G mode not GSM. It's that 2 seconds that it takes the phone to connect to the number dialed. It does it everytime I change between to 3G and the noise is there then after I go back GSM there is no noithen it's gone. The reception is strong in both 3G and GSM. I have tried different towers and the same. You may not have heard it if you dont put your phone to your ear fast enough. Maybe it's just my 3G location here in Portland, OR but there is a noise there and pretty loud.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats interesting. I don't have 3G coverage here in Los Angeles (a small town, I know) so I can't see if mine does it. Sad

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your phone in silent mode when you're dialing? On the i320, it plays a small sound clip when the connection is established and the call starts ringing. Perhaps, in silent mode on the i607 ti emits a buzzz?
stumpy
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
Is your phone in silent mode when you're dialing? On the i320, it plays a small sound clip when the connection is established and the call starts ringing. Perhaps, in silent mode on the i607 ti emits a buzzz?

Well that would be true if I could repeat the sound in GSM mode too. But I have been reproducing the sound with loud ringer also. This is more of static sound like when the old analog phone would get in a bad coverage area. Not sure if its the 3G here or the whole country. I had an LG CU500 for about 2 weeks another 3G phone and I think that had the same buzzing sound also. Would be nice if some other folks in 3G areas would have some input. It's pretty loud sound and you will notice it before you hear the phone dialing I think its a switching sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Samsung-based Smartphones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: