FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Pocket Quicken Coming to Smartphone for Q1 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Pocket Quicken Coming to Smartphone for Q1 2007 Reply with quote

Smartphone Thoughts reader ifonline, sent an email to Landware to enquire about a Smartphone version of Pocket Quicken. Landware replied by telling him that they are already working on Smartphone version that is aimed at the Moto Q and Samsung i607 model devices and it should be released in Q1 of 2007.

I'm always excited to see developers recognize the potential of the Smartphone. I'm a little disappointed that it's taken so long for key applications to be ported. Personally, I no longer attempt to track my money using my mobile device. It's just too awkward, and slow.

Source: ifonline
apeguero
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I ended up getting the Cingular 8525, primarily. I'm surprised it's taken someone this long to develop a proper money managing program.

I tried using XS Finance on my Cingular 2125 and it works okay but without it being able to autosynch with Money it becomes very difficult to use. One has to keep exporting and importing .qif files in order to keep it synched with Money. This is unacceptable.

I'll hang on to my Cingular 2125 for now and see how it works.
ifonline
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really hoping that this works out well. I used Pocket Quicken many years ago and was happy with it. I've already purchased Quicken 2007 for my home computer in preparation for this. Of course, with my luck, I'll be sorely disappointed... Embarassed

I agree that it has taken entirely too long for Intuit/Landware or Microsoft to make a proper money application for the SmartPhone. That was part of my message that I sent to them. I suggested that there is a wide-open market for this type of software as long as it syncs with the desktop counterpart correctly. They seem to agree.
WorksForTurkeys
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that they changed their minds: last month I inquired about a version for the Q, and their response was that they had no intention of producing it. It's the one software that will allow me to stop carrying my PDA.
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im surpised more companies do not develop for mobile devices as well. the biggest company being aol and their aim messaging program!

as for finance, i would never trust having such personal information on a device that could be so easily stolen unless it was encrypted and had password protection similar to the likes of programs like FlexWallet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scottb
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocco Augusto wrote:
as for finance, i would never trust having such personal information on a device that could be so easily stolen unless it was encrypted and had password protection similar to the likes of programs like FlexWallet.

I agree regarding programs like FelxWallet (which I use). However, regarding a program like Quicken, you can always put fake account nunbers in it. What else is there someone could steal? I don't think it would make much difference if someone knew what my mortgage payment was. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: