FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
HTC: "We Won't Mimic iPhone"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: HTC: "We Won't Mimic iPhone" Reply with quote

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07...dsiphone_1.html

"'It's a pretty eye-catching design,' said Peter Chou, president and chief executive officer of HTC, during an interview at the International Consumer Electronics Show, but 'we have our own cool stuff coming out as well.' HTC has no plans to follow Apple into the music-handset business, he said, and nor will his company try to mimic the new design. HTC has also not been in discussions with Microsoft over a Zune mobile phone, he said. HTC has been a longtime Microsoft partner in the mobile phone and PDA (personal digital assistant) business. 'We need to differentiate ourselves. We will not be successful if we are a copy cat,' he said."

Apple sure knows how to make a splash. If that had been Dell's first entry into the mobile phone business I don't think we would be seeing such a fuss. Good for HTC to keep on their path and not jump in and start making silly "wanna-be" iPhones. I just hope that HTC's idea of "cool stuff" is more than the ability to finally produce a dust free screen. Wink

Source: Pocket PC Thoughts
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: HTC: "We Won't Mimic iPhone" Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
...I just hope that HTC's idea of "cool stuff" is more than the ability to finally produce a dust free screen. Wink

wait... they can do that now? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ctmagnus
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want to see is screen protectors that are designed to prevent dust from getting under them when they're applied. Wink
little john
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they atleast mimic the storage space... Its about time we get phones with at least 2gig's of flash memory.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

little john wrote:
I hope they atleast mimic the storage space... Its about time we get phones with at least 2gig's of flash memory.

Samsungs i300 does that already - I think they upped it to 4GB too. Although, it is HD and not Flash. I never understood why they went with teh hard drive. You would think they might have a clue about it's power consumption compared to Flash memory. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: