FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Amazon Offers Cingular BlackJack for Free After Rebates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SITES & RESOURCES Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Amazon Offers Cingular BlackJack for Free After Rebates Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...9&creative=9325

Is it a sign of a phones success or the end of its life span when Amazon starts to offer it for free after rebates? I'm going with the success option - especially in this case. Wink Cingular's QWERTY based Windows Mobile device, the Samsung i607 (aka BlackJack) is now available for the incredibly low price of $0.00 after rebates. In typical Amazon fashion, you’ll need to sign a contract in order to qualify for this rebate. That’s not a big deal for those of you that are looking to get your first device or are currently out of contract with your carrier. So what are you waiting for? Head on over to Amazon and grab yourself one of the hottest Smartphones on the market today. Very Happy [Affiliate]

Source: crispeto
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Amazon Offers Cingular BlackJack for Free After Rebates Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:

Is it a sign of a phones success or the end of its life span when Amazon starts to offer it for free after rebates? I'm going with the success option - especially in this case. Wink Cingular's QWERTY based Windows Mobile device, the Samsung i607 (aka BlackJack) is now available for the incredibly low price of $0.00 after rebates. In typical Amazon fashion, you’ll need to sign a contract in order to qualify for this rebate. That’s not a big deal for those of you that are looking to get your first device or are currently out of contract with your carrier. So what are you waiting for? Head on over to Amazon and grab yourself one of the hottest Smartphones on the market today. Very Happy [Affiliate]

dont forget, since amazon is an independent reseller you might have to wait 180 days before you are eligable for your rebate. read the fine print to find out! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, at the rate new devices are coming out and with WM6 here, I think the BlackJack is on the way out.

[BlackJack] [8525]
mpaquette
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, if you're in the boat I'm in, it's a good deal. I moved from Cingular to Verizon a little over a year ago because of horrible reception where I lived. Now, I'm getting ready to move into a new house and I have no Verizon signal at the new place. Cingular has a signal and has HSDPA running. I'm ready to switch and a free Blackjack just made my decision a lot easier. I'll pick up a WM6 device later this year when the dust from the move settles.
bradmatejo
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my Blackjack from Amazon just before Christmas. A few things you should know before ordering.
1- I didn't see anything before ordering, but there was a sheet in the box saying that they were NOT able to port #s from other carriers to Cingular at that time (this may have changed by now). I called Cingular and they did port my # no problem. The potential problem is that doing this appears to violate the terms of the "Conditional $250 Equipment Discount". I have not yet been charged $250 so maybe they don't really enforce it, but I suppose it could still happen. Note: I never sent in my rebate, so maybe my account avoided the scrutiny involved in processing the rebate.
2- When ordering, Amazon forces you to choose one of the really expensive data plans. Again, I was able to call Cingular and switch it to a more affordable data plan. See above about violating the terms of the discount though.
That said, great phone, great price, and ordering from Amazon is always a piece of cake!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SITES & RESOURCES All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: