FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Why no Office for WM5? (rant)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to the good side. Mr. Green
Kadoogan
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers!

It was after the MPx200 that I went back to a normal phone for a while. I got fed up of running out of battery life after less than day! I bought a Moto v620. The best thing about Smartphones for me is the range of apps you can play around with. Naturally I got bored with a normal phone after a week. I still can't recall why I did that instead of going for a C500 which I think was around at that time.

Once the C550 was out with it's QVGA screen it was a no-brainer to get back into the Smartphone scene. The C600 was a minor upgrade, but a very nice phone, especially after flashing with an imate ROM. I'm still getting used to the Vox, but loving it so far. Found a couple of programs that don't work properly with WM6 (Word Book and Lexipedia) but most of my existing software seems fine.

Getting back on topic, I have to say that Office Mobile has been the biggest disappointment of the phone so far. I really expected to be able to do more with Word and Excel. Thankfully I already had Docs To Go.

Jason.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kadoogan wrote:
I really expected to be able to do more with Word and Excel.

There should be a powerpoint viewer too. Which is really good for going over your presentation while travelling. I used it on my recent plane ride along with a printed document to go over everything one last time. Pretty slick and I didn't need to pull out my laptop. Just a phone and a printed document on my tray table. Mr. Green
Kadoogan
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to admit that I haven't tested PowerPoint Mobile yet so can't comment on that, or indeed it's Docs To Go counterpart.

The included versions of Word and Excel may well be fine for most people. I just like having the extra functions of the Docs To Go apps should I need them.

Then again it's the same for most, if not all, of the built in applications. There are always similar programs available to buy with more functionality for those that want it. One of the reasons I like owning a Smartphone, even if it ends up costing me more money! Smile

Jason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: