FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Concerns over Newsletter Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> The Hall of Flame & Shame Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drew_e
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: WM5 ??????? Reply with quote

Sorry but don't you know that WM5 has been out on the market since October 2005 when the first PPC on the market featuring it, T Mobile MDA Vario (HTC Wizard) was introduced.

Can't understand how anyone who is remotely informed could grossly misinform the public that the Sprint PPC6700 is the "first ...PPC ...with WM5" in Jan 2006.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: WM5 ??????? Reply with quote

drew_e wrote:
Sorry but don't you know that WM5 has been out on the market since October 2005 when the first PPC on the market featuring it, T Mobile MDA Vario (HTC Wizard) was introduced.

Sorry, but don't you know this is a Smartphone site and not a PocketPC site?

drew_e wrote:
Can't understand how anyone who is remotely informed could grossly misinform the public that the Sprint PPC6700 is the "first ...PPC ...with WM5" in Jan 2006.

Well, I can't understand who you're talking to, or what you're talking about. I don't see anyone in this thread talking about the first Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC being available in January of 2006.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: WM5 ??????? Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
drew_e wrote:

Sorry, but don't you know this is a Smartphone site and not a PocketPC site?

drew_e wrote:

Well, I can't understand who you're talking to, or what you're talking about. I don't see anyone in this thread talking about the first Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC being available in January of 2006.

I read through the thread 3 times trying to figure that post out.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
drew_e
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Thought Reply with quote

Because it's plastered all over the ST subscriber email linking to threads
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Thought Reply with quote

drew_e wrote:
Because it's plastered all over the ST subscriber email linking to threads

Did you happen to notice at the top of that part of the newsletter it says "Sponsored By Windows Mobile". In other words, that's an advertisement. And as for it linking to threads, it doesn't link back to this site. It's an ad, and it links back to whatever the Windows Mobile people want it to link to.

So instead of creating a new thread and simply outline your concerns, you felt it would be better to randomly pick an active thread and start flaming it without even explaining what you're going off about - nice. Rolling Eyes
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've split this off from the original thread and moved it to the HoF&S forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> The Hall of Flame & Shame All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: