FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
cingular 2125 & mini sd
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidees
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: cingular 2125 & mini sd Reply with quote

Are there differences in manufacturers for mini sd cards? Will any of them work in my 2125? Will any size work?

Thanks for any help.
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the card is miniSD, it will work. By size if you are asking about the capacity like 256MB, 512MB..yes, any size will work. If by size you mean the physical card size, then miniSD comes in one physical size only. And it will work. Be careful don't order the SD card, which is bigger in size. I hope I haven't confused things. Smile

I try to stick with big brand names with SanDisk. But people usually get whatever offers the best bang for the buck. Wink It doesn't matter which company.
davidees
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. that's what I was after; and I did mean capacity when I said size.
optikalsaint
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive read somewhere that the minisd wifi card is a hair to big to fit in the minisd slot of the 5600/2125 due to them adding the wifi antenna in it. i havent tried yet. if someone does try i would love to read a review
davidees
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've got my 1g mini sd, now what files/programs should I move over and which need to stay in the phone ram/rom?
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidees wrote:
Okay, I've got my 1g mini sd, now what files/programs should I move over and which need to stay in the phone ram/rom?

If you already have programs installed, then you will have to un-install them and re-install them.

During the install, the installer will prompt you for the install location, main memory/storage vs storage card. Select the storage card option to install the applications on to the miniSD card.

I haven't run into any applications that doesn't work from the storage card. The only one I can think of are driver based applications like Think Outside Bluetooth driver that needed to be on the main memory in case of my older WM2003SE Smartphone, but don't know if the driver still requires to be on the main memory in its WM5.0 version. Confused

Also during file downloads, select the My Documents under the storage card for downloads. Move the music files, maps and other heavy weight files on to the storage card.
davidees
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I really appreciate the help.

Only partially related, there are some programs that require the phone to be unlocked, like Keylock_WM5. Any issues with doing that?
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any issues with unlocking the phone? Only the off chance of an application having it's way with your phone. Currently, I would say the risk is low, but you never know what the future holds.
davidees
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. I'm enjoying the steep learning curve and this site has been great.
tripy
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
davidees wrote:

If you already have programs installed, then you will have to un-install them and re-install them.

During the install, the installer will prompt you for the install location, main memory/storage vs storage card. Select the storage card option to install the applications on to the miniSD card.

I haven't run into any applications that doesn't work from the storage card. The only one I can think of are driver based applications like Think Outside Bluetooth driver that needed to be on the main memory in case of my older WM2003SE Smartphone, but don't know if the driver still requires to be on the main memory in its WM5.0 version. Confused

Also during file downloads, select the My Documents under the storage card for downloads. Move the music files, maps and other heavy weight files on to the storage card.

Im not given this option when installing programs onto my Cingular 2125 and its driving me mad. The box that im supposed to uncheck that asks to install in default folder is greyed out.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: