FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Know any T9 software for WM5 PPC Phone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Other Microsoft Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodkar
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Know any T9 software for WM5 PPC Phone? Reply with quote

I have posted the following on PocketPCthoughts. I think it probably also has relevance here.

I bought a moboDA yesterday. Will probably do a thorough review on it later. I use a combination of Dopod 575 Smartphone + O2 mini + Dell X51V. The O2 mini is just too small to use as a phone without a keypad. For real work, I work on my Dell + Thinkoutside Bluetooth keyboard. So,I thought with this moboDA, I can do away with the 575 and O2 mini, right? Only to find out, after the purchase, that it doesn't have T9 input built-in...... how stupid can that be??? I can only use the keypad to type numeric keystrokes. Apparently, it seems only Smartphone, like my Dopod 575, has T9 built-in. I searched Handango and PocketGear and could only find one add-on, a version 2.9 of ExtendedPhone. I installed it ok. But when I soft-reset, the system said "Registry Corrupted" and couldn't load. I have emailed to the developer but still haven't heard from them. I hope the version 3 that they are working on would be compatible with mine. I don't know it it is a WM5 thing or the hardware itself. By the way, does anybody of you with WM5 PPC encounter the autoinstall.exe error when boot-up? I have been experiencing it quite frequently today.

So, has anyone come across a workable T9 on WM5 devices?

Many thanks and Merry Christmas to you all,

Regards,

Roderick
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen anything. Typically T9 or iTap (for moto phones) comes burned into the ROM. That might be different on the PPC, but on the SP, we already have it installed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Other Microsoft Smartphones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: