FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Clean WMP Skin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Multimedia Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
racerx
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Clean WMP Skin Reply with quote

I would like to iPod-esq my 2125 as far as WMP goes. By that I mean, I would like to have a skin that shows, in a very clean interface, the title of the song, the artist, the album name, position (time) in the song, total length of the song and maybe a value for the volume.
A slider bar showing the position in the song and maybe one for the volume would be icing on the cake.
Anyone know where I can find something like that? I have a skin on my PPC which works, but of course I can't get that to work on my SP.
Thanks for your help.
</RacerX>
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my understanding that the Smartphone uses a different skin format than the PPC. So I'm not surprised that your PPC skin won't work. As for finding a new one, for some reason, WMP on the Smartphone doesn't seem to get much attention from the skinners. I don't think I've seen a good collection of WMP skins. Sad
Darius Wey
Rogue Pocket PC Thoughts Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
It's my understanding that the Smartphone uses a different skin format than the PPC.

I believe the format is similar. It's just the layout and skin elements that differ greatly.

Mike Temporale wrote:
As for finding a new one, for some reason, WMP on the Smartphone doesn't seem to get much attention from the skinners. I don't think I've seen a good collection of WMP skins. Sad

I'll get around to creating a Smartphone Thoughts skin - one day. Smile
racerx
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would like to be the first to request a "design"!
What I really would like is no real graphics - Mostly just text. Actually, I would be happy with the default background with the buttons on the bottom, etc. if I could have the rest of the screen full with the title, etc (see first post). For video, I use TCPMP anyway and Yahoo doesn't download album art, so none of that interests me.
I have a PPC skin called uPod Silver that I got off of PocketGear for free that pretty much has what I'm looking for on my phone, in case anyone feels inspired.
Thanks.
</RacerX>
racerx
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a document someplace that I can refer to that outlines how to make my own skin? I tried editing the default skin to provide for bigger text, etc. and what I got was no text. Pretty sure I could pull this off if I know how...
Thanks in advance!
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racerx wrote:
Is there a document someplace that I can refer to that outlines how to make my own skin? I tried editing the default skin to provide for bigger text, etc. and what I got was no text. Pretty sure I could pull this off if I know how...
Thanks in advance!

I don't know how accurate this is, since it was written back in 2004. Things could be a little different now. Anyway, it's a place to start: http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/f...opic.php?t=5235
wk1
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: NewPod-SQ Windows Media Player Skin Reply with quote

Available here .
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: NewPod-SQ Windows Media Player Skin Reply with quote

wk1 wrote:
Available here .

Thanks, but that's not for the Smartphone. Wink
racerx
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But this IS pretty close. I actually don't mind the default skin, but I would like the text to be much larger. The album art can be smaller and I don't need the ratings stars. And of course the buttons can be darn-near non-existent, since they're only for appearance anyway...
Thanks.
</RacerX>
GSalt
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here this guy has a few and you could try e-mailing him with design requests. He did a homescreen for me of my girlfriend.

http://www.alanssmartphone.com Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Multimedia All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: