FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
User Interface Visuals for Office 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: User Interface Visuals for Office 2007 Reply with quote

http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archi.../09/547281.aspx

"...at the CeBIT conference in Germany, we revealed the new visuals for the Office 2007 user interface. You can see a few screenshots of the new look on the Office 2007 UI Preview Site. If you've got a craving to see even more, I've created a mini-gallery of full-size screenshots from a recent build of the product below. Tomorrow, I'll be posting a guest article written by my colleague Brad Weed, head of the Office Design Group. He's penned an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the new visuals from his perspective as a designer."

As Windows Mobile users we're pretty much intrinsically tied to Microsoft Office, or at the very least Outlook, so I'm always interested in where Office is headed. The new user interface for 2007 is radically different than anything we've seen from the Office team before, and I for one welcome it. Office has looked the same for too long - time for some much-needed change. Most people don't like change, even if it's good for them.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first glance, very nice. I'm curious what the rest of Outlook will look like.

[2125]
[8125]
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the new toolbar and how it changes based on the file menu. Very clever IMHO. I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing other applications using the same menu stylings?

Jerry Raia wrote:
At first glance, very nice. I'm curious what the rest of Outlook will look like.

Ya! Why no Outlook desktop shots? I've really grown to like 2003 (except the memory issues, but that's another story), so I'm interested in seeing what they've done to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: