FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Phones You Loathe: Your Least Favorite Cell Phones
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Phones You Loathe: Your Least Favorite Cell Phones Reply with quote

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6454_7...-1.html?tag=txt

"Last week, we compiled a list of the top cell phones, as chosen by CNET readers. But we realize that for every one of your likes, your dislikes run just as deep. Each of these handsets received a user rating of less than 6.0 from more than 175 readers, so the feelings among you weren't isolated. The worst of the bunch was the beleaguered Siemens CF62T. Almost 200 of you ranked it as mediocre, so if you're in the market for a basic T-Mobile phone, try the Nokia 6010 instead."

Well here we go. We want to hear about your least favorite phone, whether Smartphone or not, that you have actually owned. The list in the article included the V600. I did own one. I would say that phone fell into second place on my list. The MPx220 wins my first place trophy for the worst phone I have ever owned. Not because so much was wrong with it (and there was lots wrong), but because it should have been a great phone. So much potential totally wasted. Anyway let's here your stories.

[2125]
[8125]
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worse phone ever, eh? Hrm.... That Tanager was pretty bad - but that was more just because it was slow. The SE T200 I had sucked something awful, as did the Nokia 2100 I had. Over all, I think I would have to give it to the Nokia.

Man, have phones ever come a long way - thankfully. Wink
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compal Red-E Developer Kit Smartphone takes the least favourite spot for me. The first Smartphone I owned, lousy reception, hang, freeze, poor battery life..you name the feature and it was bad. The only thing good about it - when it worked it gave me a pretty good idea about the future of Windows Mobile.

BTW: I still own it.
Edgar
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this is easy. My corp provided Moto 60i.

Nasty little analog thing with a pencil of antenna poking you in the side. Lousy software, no battery, small phonebook, cruddy reception. In other words - a Motorola!

-Edgar
xultar
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v600 - just plain sad hunk-o-junk
Sx56 - slowest dog on the planet. Makes you want to pluck your eyes out.
randalllewis
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, in no particular order:

LG 1200 (Combined with bad Verizon service, the phone simply stopped working altogether. My wife and I both had them and both of us went through three apiece during our year of hell with Verizon.)

Nokia 3650 (I really liked the large screen and at first thought that stupid round dialpad would be OK. It wasn't.)

MpX 220 (It has all been said by others.)
leslietroyer
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it had to be the audiovox thera. If you didn't have the earpiece in (which was uncomfortable) everone in a 12 block radius could listen in on the call. It was big, had horrible battery life....... Kinda soured me on the PDA/phone

Les
f540xs
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sony Ericsson T608

This phone (the only CDMA phone SE ever made) was the absolute worst. It locked up constantly and had so much lag that when typing text messages in T9, it would display letters I typed 4 letters ago. Also there weren't many shortcut keys on it and you could only search for a contacts by the first letter of their name. To do anything required 3+ joystick clicks.

I hated this phone! It eventually died and I switched to Cingular and got the Audiovox SMT5600.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f540xs wrote:
I hated this phone! It eventually died and I switched to Cingular and got the Audiovox SMT5600.

That is quite a switch! Smile

[2125]
[8125]
Curly_in_FL
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Motorola v600!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I have had well over a dozen cell phones ranging from old AMPS bag phones to my new Cingular 2125.

By far the worst phone I ever had was the v600! My original bag phone didn't have any features and was analog, but I still liked it better. I was thrilled with the v600 for about the first 2-3 months because I was learning about the cool features (the screen was snazzy, bluetooth, GRPS, ringtone & program downloads, replacable antenna, and extended battery).

Well, then reality set in; horrible reception, lock ups while on calls requiring shutdown, can only search contacts by first letter of name, horrible hinge opening sensitivity, short battery life, extremely SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWW menu navigation and button response, only one number per contact entry, and finally expensive at the time!

This was my third Motorola phone (bag phone, StarTAC previously), but it has been enough to turn me against Moto. The previous 2 Motorolas did not satisfy me, but this one has been absolutely horrible. My parents have v400 phones which exhibit many of the same good and bad traits and can't wait to upgrade.

So for me, it's 'Goodbye Moto!'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: