FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Problems - 2125 Searching for Network
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HTC-based Microsoft Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gator5000e
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Problems - 2125 Searching for Network Reply with quote

All of a sudden my 2125 is constantly searching for a network and not finding one. One the screen it just says Searching. Been that way for 6 hours now. I've turned it on and off; pulled the battery, forced it into flight mode to no avail. Cingular CS was no help and I will have to call tech supp later today.

Anyone faced and solved this problem yet? Thanks for any advice if you..had.
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once in a while (for a split second every two days) it shows "searching..." and then picks up the carrier. It happens in areas which has up to 2 bars of signal strength. Sad

Also my 2125 has gone into the flight mode couple of times. Evil or Very Mad

I would definitely talk to the Cingular rep.

I am hoping that there is a firmware update, the one with MSFP that will fix this one and other issues.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion:

Start \ Settings \ Phone \ NEtworks \ Menu \ Preferred Networks

Make sure you're carrier is at the top, and remove any other carriers from the list.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cingular is the only one on my list. I haven't seen any of the behaviors described by Gator or Kris.

[2125]
[8125]
Gator5000e
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the idea guys. It appears the SIM card went bad somehow. I called cingular tech support and the rep told me first he thought the problem was that my phone was set to still look at the ATT towers as well as the Cingular towers and he changed that on my SIM.

When that did not work, he thought my SIM became corrupted somehow and told me to go to a local store to get it switched out. I asked him if it would be a problem going to a store as I bought it on line- he said he would put in the notes that they are authorized to replace the SIM.

When I got to the store, she pulled up the notes and replaced the SIM and now it works. I had lost some stuff like the VM speed dial, but went to the Cingular live chat room and they sent me a SIM update which fixed that problem.

So now all is back to normal, except that I had performed a hard reset and now have to reenter all my setting and info. Yuk!
jfreiman
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problems, loss of carier, dropped calls -- plus terrible reception. Where I used to have 4-5 bars on my Audiovox SMT5600 I now have one or 2 bars and audio quality is terrible.

I've been working with Cingular for MONTHS now and they have not been able to help me at all. I've even had my 2125 replaced 3 times (4th phone) and had the SIM replaced once or twice.

This is getting so tiresome, I wish HTC had just updated the software/os on the 5600.

I'm embarressed to say, but I actually lost it today on the phone and crossed way over the line of sanity - but hey, in my defense I've been trying to resolve this problem since early December.

I too hope that this phone can be helped with a ROM update. However, no one I have talked to at Cingular has given me any indication that there is a problem.
rev12
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Seaching for Network Reply with quote

I have had this problem several times in the past - it appears that 2125 will burn out a sim card. I have exchanged phones 2125 and I have still burned out sim cards. So I believe that there is a problem with the 2125. Now because of my job I can not turn off my phone for any extended time that may be causing the problem - but I do restart the phone once a day.
jfreiman
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burned out SIM card?

I'm sure that's possible but is it likely?

Next chance I can I'll stop by a Cingular store and see if they can swap out my SIM -- I'm extremely skeptical that any thing will help at this point, but I'll try anything - AGAIN! Wink
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard of this phenomena.

[2125]
[8125]
jfreiman
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Seaching for Network Reply with quote

rev12 wrote:
I have had this problem several times in the past - it appears that 2125 will burn out a sim card. I have exchanged phones 2125 and I have still burned out sim cards. So I believe that there is a problem with the 2125. Now because of my job I can not turn off my phone for any extended time that may be causing the problem - but I do restart the phone once a day.

What were the symptoms your 2125s were having?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HTC-based Microsoft Smartphones All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: