FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
HTC Star-Trek Photo Shoots on the Web
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: HTC Star-Trek Photo Shoots on the Web Reply with quote

HTC Star-Trek, HTC Star100, Qtek 8500 and i-mate SmartFlip are all the names for the first clam shell Smartphone from our favorite manufacturer, HTC. I will not gloat about the looks and let the photographs do the talking. Smile

HTC StarTrek Photo Shoot by Mobility Today: This one features the original design where the keypad had circles.

HTC StarTrek Photo Shoot by Lutzh: This photo shoot over at msmobiles.com shows the Smartphone with Qtek 8500 branding and from what Lutzh has to say about the Smartphone, it seems like HTC has done a fantastic job. I have said it before and will say it again, the external screen on this flip phone is impressive. Drool.....
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so busy drooling that I forgot about the new connector, meaning we will have to buy a new set of power adapter, earphones etc. Evil or Very Mad

And the other thing that annoys me is the micro-SD. :twak:
hylton
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the only thing that REALLY annoys me about this phone is that i don't have one yet.

i'll live w/ the requirement to switch to microsd, proprietary USB and headphone connection, no wifi...

it's a price i'm willing to pay to look cooler than i normally do.

wm5, razr-ish flip...yea, me want one...

chris
OSUKid7
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome phone. I want one now. Drool.....

Regarding the proprietary USB connection, couldn't "someone" make a tiny adapter that converts it to normal mini-USB? Granted you'd have to either buy several of these or carry it around with you, but at least that would let you keep using your old accessories. Are there any technical limitations to that?

Audiovox SMT5600 -> Cingular 2125
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSUKid7 wrote:
Regarding the proprietary USB connection, couldn't "someone" make a tiny adapter that converts it to normal mini-USB?

I hope that it is possible. Good idea.
david_ciccone
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris

Thanks for linking to my story. I am really enjoying this phone. The battery life has been fantastic. The only drawback is that their is no memory slot for mini sd, sd etc...
Jon Westfall
Rogue Pocket PC Thoughts Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this was what I wanted this summer, but now I'm reconsidering.

I use a smartphone for times when carying a PPC/PE is just undesirable or dangerous. Amusement parks don't bode well with touch screens, etc... But with its lack of mini-SD (Or SD), it's lack of WiFi, it's lack of mini-USB, it's inclusion of proprietary nonsense, and the rumor I heard that there may be production delays due to a small over-heating problem makes me think I might want to reconsider.

Cool looks are nice, but in the end, functionality wins for me.

Jon.
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was really excitied for this phone, i mean REALLY excited.... but i really dont think i want to shell out the money to buy ANOTHER 1gb card. thats just silly.

somewhere on the grapevine i read that there would be two versions of this phone, hopefully the other has minisd, i really dont mind the usb thing, a cable is a cable and i just carry around the one that came with it but my 1gb card was expensive and i dont feel it has fully paid for itself yet Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Westfall wrote:

Cool looks are nice, but in the end, functionality wins for me.

Same here.
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

optikalsaint wrote:
i really dont mind the usb thing, a cable is a cable and i just carry around the one that came with it but my 1gb card was expensive and i dont feel it has fully paid for itself yet Smile

Same here.

BTW. Is there an adapter to convert microSD to miniSD or SD. That is one thing I liked about miniSD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: