FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Windows Communication Foundation Compact Edition Coming to Windows Mobile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> DEVELOPER Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Windows Communication Foundation Compact Edition Coming to W Reply with quote

http://blogs.msdn.com/romanbat/arch...h-launcher.aspx

"A while ago, when .NetCF v1 wasn't released yet, we could only guess what kind of applications our customers would build. People on the team were coming up with various ideas of mobile applications they would like to build on top of our platform and try to figure out which platform features would be most valuable. We had application building days, when everyone on the team would go and work only on their personal application projects. ... We are bringing a subset of WCF (Windows Communication Foundation, formerly known as Indigo) to devices. WCF provides a new unified programming model for building connected applications with managed code. The cool thing I like the most about WCF is its' extensible channel architecture. It allows building applications that can work on top of completely different transports and protocol channel stacks. Using WCF programming model, now I can send and receive data in my application equally easily using HTTP, TCP or e-mail."

I have been trying hard to catch up on the Windows Communication Foundation on Windows Vista but now I will have to speed up the process because Windows Mobile will soon be getting a subset of the WCF. Check out this article by Roman Batoukov to understand how it works, how it will make the developers life easy, and the inspiration for this programming library. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> DEVELOPER All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: