FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Microsoft is Working on a Windows Live Mobile Client for Windows Mobile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> UPDATE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Microsoft is Working on a Windows Live Mobile Client for Win Reply with quote

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3069

"Looks like - in addition to Microsoft's Live Messenger client - the company is also working on a Live Messenger client for Windows Mobile devices which goes far beyond the MSN Messenger client of today's Windows Mobile devices. At least that's what Zack Whittaker has posted on his site. With the "Live Messenger Mobile" client, you'll be able to talk to other Messenger buddies whether they're using a mobile device or a PC. To make the Live Messenger service working as seamless as possible, you'll be able to send and receive nudges, instant messages as well as emoticons (emoticons...? ). The speeds between the PC and the Live Mobile Client are pretty fast - with about a second or two waiting times only which seems to be even faster than today's MSN Messenger. And - keep your seatbelts fasten, you'll be able to transfer files from and to your mobile device, including recording a voice clip using your device microphone and send pictures with your device camera!"

I am very excited about this and I am glad MS hasn't abandoned Mobile Messenger. With the talk of Messenger not being included in mobile devices because of greedy carriers this is good to see. The picture here is a bit weak but you can get the idea. I have been using the desktop version of Live Messenger and am quite pleased with it. This update is long overdue. Better late than never. Smile

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Wireless
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im registered for the Windows Live Mobile BETA. When I go to the BET Site, all I get is the same old PENDING. So when the BETA goes live I will let you all know. Should be soon, rather has to be as the Desktop version is in Public BETA, they gotta make it happen!

Cingular 2125 w/ 256 Min-SD
Leather Case & JABRA BT800 BT Headset
flodis
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do I find the BETA site for Live Messenger Mobile? Have searched for it on microsoft site, but no luck..
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flodis wrote:
Where do I find the BETA site for Live Messenger Mobile? Have searched for it on microsoft site, but no luck..

It's part of their Beta Connect thing. You have to sign into Connect and then ask to be a part of the beta. Then, the will contact you if you're accepted.
flodis
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
flodis wrote:

It's part of their Beta Connect thing. You have to sign into Connect and then ask to be a part of the beta. Then, the will contact you if you're accepted.

Thanks. I tried to go to the beta area, but i dont know what beta to signup to. There's nothing called live messenger mobile there. Only live mobile but i guess that's not the one? It doesn't say anything about mobile _messenger_.. Thanks for any help Smile
Advent
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Microsoft is Working on a Windows Live Mobile Client for Reply with quote

Link? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> UPDATE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: