FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
What Your Cell Phone Says About You

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: What Your Cell Phone Says About You Reply with quote

http://www.textually.org/textually/...6/05/012444.htm

"Always entertaining, what-your-cell-phone-says-about-you studies... This one is from Dawn Bratton, a communications consultant for Verizon Wireless who's job is to keep track of wireless trends. Written up in Macon Telegraph, the following excerpts pertain to cell phone model types. There's more on ringtone choices, music playing phone charms, gaming and cameraphones. If you have a flip phone: You like being in control and you are worried about accidentally calling someone. You don't want to make accidental calls. If you have a candy bar style phone: You're the old-fashioned type. Simplicity is your style. You don't need to spend money. If you have a pink RAZR phone: You have a strong sense of style. You're a trendsetter and you don't mind being center of attention. You have flair."

I didn't know that my cell phone reflects my personality. Surprised So what does it mean to have a Smartphone?
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trust me on this one. just because she has a pink phone doesn't mean she is a trend setter. i sell them to non trend setters all day. Wink

the truth is this. its pink. no one ever sees a pink phone. it sells itself
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Janak Parekh
Rogue Pocket PC Thoughts Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What Your Cell Phone Says About You Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
So what does it mean to have a Smartphone?

Very simple: you're a hopeless, albeit practical, geek.

(Don't worry, my Treo is just about as geeky as your Smartphone, and it looks geekier to boot. Wink)

--janak
sven
Smartphone Sage

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What Your Cell Phone Says About You Reply with quote

Dawn Bratton wrote:
If you have a candy bar style phone: You're the old-fashioned type. Simplicity is your style. You don't need to spend money.

Dawn needs to get out more. Guess she isn't aware that one of the most technologically advanced phones around, with 3 forms of wireless comm, more internal memory than it took to get to the moon and back, as well as 2 G of storage, beyond the myriad of applications to which it can be used including multimedia, navigation, productivity, etc, is a candybar.
sojourner753
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This to me sounds like so much pop culture dribble. She's not really doing any work, just making stuff up that pop culture junkies will believe.

He comments about candy-bar versus clamshell phones just shows that she's not doing any market research.

She really sounds like she used to work on an astrology hotline.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sojourner753 wrote:

ROTFL!
Phoenix
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sojourner753 wrote:
This to me sounds like so much pop culture dribble. She's not really doing any work, just making stuff up that pop culture junkies will believe.

That, and the gullible, out-of-touch suits she reports to.

sojourner753 wrote:
The comments about candy-bar versus clamshell phones just shows that she's not doing any market research.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Laughing No kidding. I don't know where these people get this drivel. Their instincts are ridiculous because they completely lack info in regard to which handsets are actually available in the marketplace and being sold in their own country and around the world.

- Simple and sophisticated mobiles come in both clamshell and candybar styles.

- I own a candybar-style mobile, and when I use it, I'm always concerned about accidentally calling someone, hence my use of the automatic keypad lock feature.

- I own two mobiles, and the candybar-style mobile I use from time to time in no way suggests that I like things simple. I'm a power user and I love sophistication and features, which is why I also own a Pocket PC phone.

- I'd love to own a phone of a different color (when I actually find a color I like (pink isn't gonna cut it)). But I don't consider myself a trend setter. I just like my gear to look good. Style is important to me.

Put that into your equation, Dawn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: