FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Motorola Q

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Verizon Wireless Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernie
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Motorola Q Reply with quote

The Motorola Q smartphone was released on Verizon Web site today. The press release last week said it would be offered for $199 with a 2 yr plan and data package. Well, if you are an existing customer, Verizon seems to be saying "screw you" because you can only get it for $299. Evil or Very Mad As a long time Verizon customer, I was hoping to be able to use my customer loyalty bonus of new every 2 (or $100 toward the purchase) and get the phone for advertized $199 - $100 loyalty = $99. But for their loyal customers, they are charging $100 more than a guy off the street. Thanks Verizon! Now where did I put that number for Spint?
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not uncommon. I remember having this problem 5 years ago. I couldn't get the carrier to cut me a deal on a new phone. So I left. A couple days after leaving, I got a call from their "customer retention department" offering me the exact phone I was looking at for free if I stayed with them. A couple days earlier I would have settled for the new customer price and now they're going to give it to me for nothing! Bah. They just don't get it.
scottb
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...I thought all you had to do was be eligible for a handset upgrade and order it online for the instant rebate. Well, doesn't matter for me anyway as I'm not eliglble for an upgrade--I ordered mine retail!
robdam
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sit tight for now; I called my local Verizon store and they said that they will have lower pricing than if you were to purchase via the website or phone. Q to be available locally on June 6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Verizon Wireless All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: