FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
subscription music, wm 10 mobile, and melt downs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Multimedia Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can windows mobile media player handle subscription music?
your phone was just defective.
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
It can't handle the temp license that the media carries.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

YPcma
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: subscription music, wm 10 mobile, and melt downs Reply with quote

So what could be sweeter than consistently being able to put 2 gigs of fresh music on your phone that is always with you? That's what I thought when I was using my free trial of URGE (the rhapsody rip off by microsoft). It was really cool until I recently had a melt down on my 2125. Problems started when I downloaded protected media (from URGE the new program that comes with windows media player). I have a 2 gig mini sd card in my phone so I downloaded a bunch of stuff then a few days later the files corrupted and I had to clean off the card. After that happened a few times my phone totally went crazy on me and began searching for signal when it already had full bars! So I couldn't send or receive calls. So I called Cingular and they sent me a new phone.

So freak occurrence or is the phone just not capable of what I want it to do? What do you guys think?
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing it's a freak event, but I can't say for sure. I don't recall anyone else reporting such an issue. I don't use any of the subscription services so I can't really say.
YPcma
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see thats what I am scared of. I want to try putting on new music from URGE, but I havent heard one way or the other if anyone knows for sure. I dont really want to go through the hassle of replacing another phone. So for now I am just using media that I own with regular rights. Has anyone else ever tried putting subscription music on their phone?
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I've cancelled my Napster subscription, and being in Canada I can't use Urge at all, so I'm afraid I can't help here at all. Sad

I'd be VERY surprised if some DRM'd music files would screw with the radio stack on your phone...that's just plain bizarre.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Multimedia All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: