FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Teen Buzz, A Ring Tone That Only Teens Can Hear!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, if you have to turn the volume all the way up, then something is not right. Because at high volume even without anything playing you can get hiss and noise from your speakers. Wink

Plus I am not sure if the ring tone is the accurate rendition of the Mosquito's sound.

The reason why I am saying that is because the Mosquito (not the ringtone, but the original invention) seems to have had a lot of success in the UK.
encece
Smartphone Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my speakers....built in Harman/Kardons. With the volume all of teh way up...I hear nothing. The file definitely plays a faint high pitched sound. Whether it is the right one is in question I guess.

But the phone does not play the file correctly...too much speaker distortion or the inability of the phone to play the frequency.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

encece wrote:
But the phone does not play the file correctly...too much speaker distortion or the inability of the phone to play the frequency.

Chances are the speakers in the phone can't handle the frequency required. I was looking around the imate site, but I don't see any mention of the frequency range of the speakers in your phone. Sad
encece
Smartphone Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRAZY!
I tested it on my 6 year old son today, with his back turned and about 10 feet away from the PC. I could NOT hear the sound at all. But he said it was LOUD. He knew when I stopped the sound and when I started it again. I am now a believer. Smile
OptimusRhyme
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can hear it just fine at a low volume on my PC speakers. It's annoying as hell and I can understand why it would be a success.

I'll have to save it so I can play it for some kids, see if they hear it differently.
kcwester
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a high school teacher all I can say is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We have enough to deal with on cell phones as it is. We watch students constantly when taking tests, etc. as they (some) try and take pictures of test problems and text message answers. That is in addition to playing games, and having them go off in the classroom. The school rule is off-students don't know that off and vibrate don't mean the same thing!
OSUKid7
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vincenzosi wrote:
It sounds like the silent hiss you get when a tv is turned on in your presence. You know the "sound" I'm talking about it. The way you know a TV is on even when it's silent and you didn't see it come on?

That one.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought it sounded like. I could hear it, but I'm not sure I would be able to tell if it were my phone, or just a TV coming on. Laughing My parents never understand when I tell them the TV's on in the other room... yet the cable box is off.

Audiovox SMT5600 -> Cingular 2125
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mark Kenepp
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't hear it but it sure made my ears hurt. Almost like my head was all stuffed up and ready to explode.

Anyone else here "feel" it without hearing it?
ctmagnus
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Kenepp wrote:
I couldn't hear it but it sure made my ears hurt. Almost like my head was all stuffed up and ready to explode.

Anyone else here "feel" it without hearing it?

I was unable to hear or feel the sound, but your description is exactly the effect the one bathroom fan here has on me.
ghostppc
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSUKid7 wrote:
vincenzosi wrote:
It sounds like the silent hiss you get when a tv is turned on in your presence. You know the "sound" I'm talking about it. The way you know a TV is on even when it's silent and you didn't see it come on?

That one.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought it sounded like. I could hear it, but I'm not sure I would be able to tell if it were my phone, or just a TV coming on. Laughing My parents never understand when I tell them the TV's on in the other room... yet the cable box is off.

heard the same thing - that low ringing hum of a tv switched on, or a small floresent light.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: