FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Teen Buzz, A Ring Tone That Only Teens Can Hear!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan Joseph
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 22 and I could hear it just fine. It was exactly like the TV sound, as someone mentioned earlier. But here's the thing...I could hear it, but it didn't bother me.

I just played it for my teenage sister and she flipped out. She said it was painful and backed out of the room. She knew exactly when I stopped it. It was crazy.

So I think there's a difference between just being able to hear it, and really being able to hear it, if that makes any sense. Wink
billcalle
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome! I'm 40 and played on my phone I can't hear it at all (2125) unless I crank it up to full blast in which case it is so distorted that it looses all of its character. Played on my computer (simple Dell laptop) I can only hear something if I crank it up about 80% or more. But even then all I'm hearing are harmonics. Played for my 14 and 16 year old children, they go crazy. I tried it at dinner on the cellphone at about 75% without there knowing that I was doing it (cellphone in my lap) and they both covered there ears up and started going "ah, ah, what's that, stop it". Played on my laptop as noted above, my kids can't tolerate standing within about 15 feet and my son is particularly sensitive to it saying it really hurts his ears. Boy, growing old is crazy!
yoos
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THis is weird stuff... thanks for posting it!!

I can't here the sound at all (I'm 32) and my friends at work can't here it either (all older than me). It does make my head hurt a little though, which is strange. A friend I sent it to (31) said it was killing his ears.

I found this other zip file with several sounds on some other site talking about this.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0XJENM4F

I can hear every one of these sounds in here, but a friend at work can only here the files with a 2 in the name, not the 1 ones, which are a higher frequency.

It's funny about the posts comparing it to a TV. I was talking to people at work about that saying I can tell if a TV is on in a house as soon as I walk in, even if the volume was off. They thought I was crazy. I assumed everyone can tell that so that was interesting too...
blazinmami249
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoos wrote:
THis is weird stuff... thanks for posting it!!

I can't here the sound at all (I'm 32) and my friends at work can't here it either (all older than me). It does make my head hurt a little though, which is strange. A friend I sent it to (31) said it was killing his ears.

I found this other zip file with several sounds on some other site talking about this.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0XJENM4F

I can hear every one of these sounds in here, but a friend at work can only here the files with a 2 in the name, not the 1 ones, which are a higher frequency.

It's funny about the posts comparing it to a TV. I was talking to people at work about that saying I can tell if a TV is on in a house as soon as I walk in, even if the volume was off. They thought I was crazy. I assumed everyone can tell that so that was interesting too...

i downloaded this and they all pierce through my ears.. my lil 11 year old brother can b in the other side of the house and i hear him scream everytime i put it on without him knowin... then i let my grandpa hear it and he couldnt hear nethin while my brother and i r here with pain
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yoos
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha!
alexn817
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a freshman in high school
I can hear it fine on my computer, but on my phone its audible to everyone, not sure about my computer.
Edit: On my computer I can hear it and my parents can't, but its not that annoying to me
marnold00
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studies over 20 years ago found that high frequency sound in a confined space can cause severe headaches, even for people that aren't aware of the sound because the frequency is above their threshold of hearing. Some of the early security motion sensors used in department stores emitted a powerful ultrasonic tone, and after these were installed, some employees started complaining of headaches at work. This undesired side-effect helped to make infrared motion sensors the industry standard. The company that markets the Mosquito appears to have not done their homework, because even though most adults can't actually hear the sound, they may still suffer side effects anyway.
skippy2590
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: So i tried it out... Reply with quote

Alright I'm a teenager, so I wanted to see what all the fuss is about...

and YES, I can hear it. It is quite possibly the most god awful sound ever- I listened to it 5 minutes ago and my ears are still ringing...eew. I dont know why people would use that as a ringtone- vibrating is MUCH less annoying... plus, if you used it in class, the other teens would be able to hear it and it would distract them too. It WOULD be a really good anti-teenager weapon though, but the sound is so terrible I urge you to refrain from being so cruel...
~skippy
klezmertronic
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: teen buzz free download Reply with quote

hi,

i found a free download of the teen buzz-ringtone on this wap page http://wap.248.ch/real_lang-en_ps-g...ubn4e45vokr0tbo
just type in "teenbuzz" in the search box, and you'll have it on your mobile. only works for mp3-capable mobiles though!
geggysteww2k6
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: I'm Crafty Reply with quote

I’m 29 yrs old, and I could not hear the tone. So, I downloaded the file and burned it on a cd. Then I used my cd player to feed it back into my pc into the program “Cakewalk” It definitely showed up there, and I could here it.

And to all you teens I am jealous, because I was the type of person who use to be able to walk past a house on the sidewalk and be able to tell which houses had their tv’s on, and none of my friends knew what I was talking about, but there would be this low pitch hum, I can still do it most of the time, but this one got me.

and here is a cool link too, check out this software www.realbizzopponline.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: