FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
OKWAP Slider Smartphone with Touch Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: OKWAP Slider Smartphone with Touch Screen Reply with quote

http://www.phonedaily.com/news/?news_id=4424

This is pretty wild stuff. OKWAP has added touch screen support to Windows Mobile Smartphone OS. The K728 is a slider style phone that measures 93.5mm x 46mm x 24.5mm and weights in at 107.8g. Inside that small footprint is a Samsung 400MHz CPU (S3C2442A), 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM, Bluetooth 2.0, A2DP support, miniSD slot, a 2.0 Megapixel camera, and a tiny 176x220 touch screen. The phone is listed as a Tri-Band device, which means I don't think there's much chance of seeing on on this side of the pond anytime soon. Regardless, it's an interesting addition by OKWAP. I 'm excited to see what else they can do. In case you think the above picture is really a Pocket PC, you can find more pictures here and be sure to pay close attention to the screens. The K868 is a Pocket PC, but the K728 is a Smartphone - no question.

Source: Darius Wey
sven
Smartphone Philosopher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: OKWAP Slider Smartphone with Touch Screen Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
The K868 is a Pocket PC, but the K728 is a Smartphone - no question.
Ah, crap. Don't we have enough trouble explaing the difference without someone building a touchscreen Smartphone? Bad enough Palm has to call their PPCPE a SP.

I can run the SP version of Mapopolis on my K-Jam and I get an interesting assortment of stylus support and button navigation. Wonder if you could load the PPC version on the K728 and drag to pan or tap and hold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: