FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
JavoEdge Silicone Case for the Cingular 2125
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: JavoEdge Silicone Case for the Cingular 2125 Reply with quote

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop...&poid=870&pbmId

JavoEdge recently released a Silicone case for the Cingular 2125. It provides shock protection and a solid grip to the phone. It boasts EAD (Enhanced Anti Dust) coating. Dust attraction was a problem plaguing other similar types of cases. It also comes in 5 colors or tints. I chose the Frosty Blue one for this review. The JavoEdge case showed up in a nice plastic container that didn't require power tools to open as most packages of this type usually do.
The cover itself looks very nice and feels good in the hand.

It fits well on the phone. Since the hump is not covered you slip the phone in through the top of the case. However, the hump not being covered has some consequences. The obvious one is the hump being nicked (like mine is) when, not if, the phone is dropped. The other is the case tends to slide down the phone. This is even truer when you pull the phone out of a tight space like a pocket. I found myself constantly pulling the case back up to line it up. It was slightly annoying like having to pull your pants up all the time. There are tiny cutouts for the microphone and light sensor. The cut out for the speaker is wide enough so that the two indicator lights are not covered up.

On the bottom of the case is the cutout for the USB and headset connectors.

The case has raised sections so you can feel the buttons around the joystick. There is a cutout for the joystick and even though it is now recessed a bit you can still work the joystick easily.

The following picture shows the most glaring flaw of this case, the uncovered hump! In addition you can see the cutout for these buttons is not the neatest I have seen.

Finally, a back view so you can see the cutout for the camera.

Overall for 19.99 USD I feel this is a decent case. It feels good to hold the phone with it on and there is virtually no dust magnet problem. I wish the hump was covered though. Covering the hump might have made the case more difficult to put on but would have protected the hump and kept the case from trying to wiggle off the phone. You can get more information here.

Jerry Raia is a Contributing editor for Smartphone Thoughts. When not flying airplanes he is playing with Smartphones and Pocket PC’s. He lives in Los Angeles, California.

Last edited by Jerry Raia on Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that case has REALLY nice packaging Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like these types of cases. I'm surprised that they hump was protected and the side cut-outs are not as clean as I would have expected.

Overall, I'm still a fan, and I would get one in a minute. Just don't have the 2125. Wink

How do you find the grip in your hands? I find they're much better, and you don't have that slip/drop concern that I used to have.
leslietroyer
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered mine in steal blue. I'll post back here when it comes, If it slides down too much I'll live with it until someone else comes out with a case.

Les
mbranscum
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does anyone else think these things are ugly! I'm sorry but I would not put one of these on my phone.
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbranscum wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else think these things are ugly! I'm sorry but I would not put one of these on my phone.

It's not just you - I don't like the way they look either, and wouldn't put one on my phone.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
How do you find the grip in your hands?

It is excellent really. No slip grip.

[BlackJack] [8525] [Treo 700wx]
leslietroyer
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbranscum wrote:

My daughter always accuses me of having no fashion awarness. I go for functionality. If it help keep my phone alive, and make it easier to grip on hot days, I don't care what it looks like.

Les
SPPassion
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
Mike Temporale wrote:
How do you find the grip in your hands?

It is excellent really. No slip grip.

I don't like them either--esp the way clear one looks, otherwise these cases provide good protection. On one of my prev phones, SMT 5600, I had Clear skin case on, lot of people would make this comment," Nice condom, man" or " I didn't know they now make condoms for these phones?" Razz
leslietroyer
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cover came in yesterday. So the delivery/shipping was very good, it probably helps that JAVOEdge is only 15minutes drive away from the house. Like Jerry said the blister pack was a joy to open - I didn't need to get out the box knife at all!!. The cover is well made and except for being humpless fit very well.

One curious thing -- the packaging include a hand lanyard -- I don't know what the h*ll I'm going to do with it as the handset doesn't have a place to attach it. Haven't given it a real workout yet - I'll see if my wife likes it when I get home. She broke her 5600 by dropping it - something I would hope that the silicon case would help prevent.

Overall I think it was worth the $15.

Les
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: