FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
New Home Screen Designs from Juni
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SITES & RESOURCES Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: New Home Screen Designs from Juni Reply with quote

http://www.kolumbus.fi/anders.ruohio/skinz.html

In case you're not familiar with the name, Juni has been creating skins and themes for the Pocket PC for as long as I can remember, and his work has always been top notch. If you have/had a Pocket PC, chances are good that you've seen his work at one time or another. Juni must have been really good last year because Santa brought him a shiny new Qtek 8310. Now, with his new device in hand, Juni is creating some cool new home screens for us to enjoy.

Organizer is the first in, what I hope will become, a long history of fantastic home screens. Can you tell I'm excited? I've been a big fan of his work for a long time, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do on the Smartphone. And so far, I like! Very Happy Head on over to Juni's website to download your copy.

Last edited by Mike Temporale on Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Darius Wey
Rogue Pocket PC Thoughts Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news. That's a very clean and nice-looking skin, Juni. Keep up the good work. Smile
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I'm glad to see more coming out for QVGA screens. Smile

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
dstrauss
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's really great is that he added a highlight color (yellow) to the icon selections in the start menu that stands out clearly (on that yucky Cingular blue logo) so you can see exactly which icon you are on. AWESOME. Now, if he'd just change the start menu background to the same as the home screen, I'd be in heaven! Very Happy
juni
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile. I am still new to xml, but getting better. The next one is already under work Smile. I'm going to add smartmonitor support to it. Is that a popular plugin?
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juni wrote:
Thank you Smile. I am still new to xml, but getting better. The next one is already under work Smile. I'm going to add smartmonitor support to it. Is that a popular plugin?

If you are talking about a memory and battery plugin I'll be the first to get it! Smile I think that is a very popular item.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
xultar
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey can you just put a little bit in here for dummies on how to apply these things.

I'm taking a quick break because I've had a STRESSFUL week. I think a new homescreen will perk me up.

GOT TO RUN...TRAINING to DESIGN
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xultar wrote:
Hey can you just put a little bit in here for dummies on how to apply these things.

No problem. Juni has choosen to store everything in one zip file. All you need to do is copy the contents of the Zip file (excluding the readme.txt) to the \application data\home\ folder on your Smartphone. Then hit Start \ Settings \ Home Screen and pick Organizer or Organizer Facade. That's it!

xultar wrote:
I'm taking a quick break because I've had a STRESSFUL week. I think a new homescreen will perk me up.

I hope this helps cheer up your week. Very Happy
aarcam
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Nice to see you doing work for the smartphone. I've been a big fan of your work sinceI got my Dell Axim X5, 3+ years ago (I think thats when it was, it has been too long!). Dashboard, Wisbar (or was it Icbar, I forget) and many others have graced my PPC screen. Thanks for all your work!

This is also great timing, I should be getting my SP5 Thursday and look forward to firing up some Juni originals on my screen once again.
xultar
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
xultar wrote:

No problem. Juni has choosen to store everything in one zip file. All you need to do is copy the contents of the Zip file (excluding the readme.txt) to the \application data\home\ folder on your Smartphone. Then hit Start \ Settings \ Home Screen and pick Organizer or Organizer Facade. That's it!

xultar wrote:

I hope this helps cheer up your week. Very Happy

I suppose I could have read the readme file. I'm getting beat up at work and I didnt' have time. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SITES & RESOURCES All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: